Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 21-05-21, 10:07   #61
Raymi6

This is incredible @Ghostblade, congrats to you and all the people involved in this
Raymi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 16:14   #62
BengRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stblade View Post
hey everyone!
wwwwwwwooooooooooowwwwwww!!!! Great work!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BengRaider; 10-06-21 at 16:15.
BengRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-21, 16:40   #63
Gh0stBlade

Hey guys! Another update from me

I have been slowly re-working and refactoring a few things in the editor's codebase. It's seemingly going fine at this point in time.

1. Re-worked User Interface

We've been working with several user interface libraries for the editor. Originally we used ImGui but it seems we couldn't get it looking authentic enough to the original editor. Subsequently we tried:

WxWidgets....

Though it looked nice at the time it wasn't something we're looking for and the library was too hard to apply custom styling.

Fortunately we decided to try out Qt library which gained us a massive advantage in terms of overall UI look.

Qt....

As you can see the User Interface is a lot more similar to the one the original editor used.

2. Animations now fully supported

The editor now supports animations being played on models this took an excessive amount of work to get working properly and we're so proud it actually works!

3. Lighting (stencil test)
Lighting now makes use of stencil tests like the original game.

Todo:.
  1. Engine needs optimising further.
  2. There are occasional crashes which need fixing.
  3. Lighting is sometimes inaccurate and needs fixing.
  4. Engine needs to be refactored and cleaned up.
  5. The graphics do not match what is seen in-game.
  6. Issues with lod levels is a work in progress and a partial solution is found.
  7. UI needs properly updating to add missing features which were previously present.
  8. Lighting needs fixing as refactoring has caused some lights to randomly be disabled.

Public Beta

We're happy to announce the editor can be downloaded from here.
Please note that this is a prototype release and there are several problems and things not implemented yet. Do not run this on a low spec computer as you may not be able to It is also expected that you have at least 8gb of ram to run this editor.

Thank you
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 00:13   #64
Halston

Wow, Gh0stBlade! I guess I should have been checking the forum more since making that post in 2019. This is a massive undertaking, and you seem to have made some very promising progress.

What is your goal for this? Like, what results do you hope to see from it? Is it simply a way to view levels and assets in the editor, or is it for modding? Is it intended for custom level editing, or just an experiment?
Halston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 04:04   #65
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston View Post
Wow, Gh0stBlade! I guess I should have been checking the forum more since making that post in 2019. This is a massive undertaking, and you seem to have made some very promising progress.

What is your goal for this? Like, what results do you hope to see from it? Is it simply a way to view levels and assets in the editor, or is it for modding? Is it intended for custom level editing, or just an experiment?
The goal is to be able to alter the levels in TR2013+ significantly using the same editor. For the moment you can view a lot of levels and assets in the editor which should look identical to how they're shown in the original game. Modding is the same as editing I guess, it's mostly intended for building levels from scratch plus more.

New!
1. DX11.1 removed which was causing crashes for some people.
2. Crashes are now less often as various fixes have been implemented.
3. Screenshots can now be taken of the editor.
4. UI updates and enhancemnets.
5. 3D grid added like original editor.

Download
Old 07-11-21, 07:41   #66
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
post[/img]

Download
I got virus alert , when downoading the zip file...

Other than that... do I need any kind of knowledge when using this, or it's rather simple like the level editor for classic TRs?

Edit: It crashed on me; I had to put in win8 compatibily mode.Also when loading zones in, it still crashes though...

Last edited by Zsott; 07-11-21 at 07:50.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 12:49   #67
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
I got virus alert , when downoading the zip file...

Other than that... do I need any kind of knowledge when using this, or it's rather simple like the level editor for classic TRs?

Edit: It crashed on me; I had to put in win8 compatibily mode.Also when loading zones in, it still crashes though...
Don't know why your anti-virus got triggered. This program is definitely not a virus, you can also ask xproger to confirm since he has access to the source code.

At the moment there is only viewing functionality.

Common crashes occur when: Loading two levels in the same scene, so I don't recommend doing that.

Try clicking the viewport and pressing space, this should spawn a lara on the map.

Loading some maps might crash, just let me know which one is crashing so I can fix it in a future update.

The EXE needs to be in the game main folder with patch3.000.tiger (from DLSS update)
Old 08-05-22, 16:25   #68
amiro1989

So cool! Never saw this before! Great work GhostBlade!
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 05:22   #69
moodydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Why not just use the unreal engine?
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote this, but I'm almost certain I wrote it in response to the OP and didn't even see the work the ghost blade did. Just unfortunate timing and placement on my part, giving the sheer impressiveness of the work directly above.

This is simply amazing 👏

Well done.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-23, 16:20   #70
Gh0stBlade

Hi, I wanted to provide an update on this tool I've been writing in my spare time.

I recently decided to continue working on this project. There have been a number of issues fixed and changes made to the codebase to ensure better stability.

Updated:
1. Renderer - Translucency pass added.
2. Renderer - Depth pre-pass added.
3. Loader - Mip map loading is resolved (no more strange lines on models).
4. Animations - Animation system updated to work with latest engine.
5. Meshes - Fixed a bug causing Lara's eyebrows (UV channel 2) to be missing.
6. Renderer - Refactor at pass level.
7. Renderer - Lights pass refactor.
8. Fix flipped/mirrored view matrix;
9. Removed x64 support.
10. Minor UI Fixes.

We could actually use a few hands to help develop the tool.

Unfortunately 1-2 people is simply not enough. If you're interested in contributing and joining the team please contact me via private messages.

Lara Render Demo - v5_lara:

Video

Oni Stalker Render:

As you can see, the graphics are strikingly similar to the original game

Unfortunately as the engine is being refactored and optimised I won't provide an updated build just yet.