Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Tabletop Games and Milestones > Tomb Raider 25

Old 23-01-21, 11:50   #11
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
They’re not doing anything. They don’t care about this franchise at all, look at all the other franchises that are celebrating their 25th anniversary and Tomb Raider gets nothing.
This.

Tomb Raider only acts as a source of cash to fund Final Fantasy.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 12:07   #12
Emix

CD is getting dragged online constantly for Avengers. And there is a lot of backlash for it for empty promises, no communication and delays. Unless someone else is working on anything TR related for years now (which i highly doubt), i am not expecting anything.

Apparently they promised a read-map, back in October, one month after the game release and there is still nothing. Kate, Hawkeye and Black Panther were supposed to be out by the Christmas. They only released Kate... with delays. Next-Gen upgrade is delayed, PC playerbase is basically non-existent...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=49024a164226

It's probably a MESS at CD and they are trying to do everything they can to save the game or they are just abandoning it. Some of you will say that Avengers doesn't have anything to do with TR, well we actually don't know that. And i am pretty sure that it has to do and a lot.
Emix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 12:59   #13
JsotoTRSaga

The series is dead for good if there's no 25th anniversary
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 13:09   #14
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
It's currently January 22nd.

January is the 1st month of the year.

Tomb Raider's 25th anniversary is on October 25th.

October is the 10th month of the year.

How long do Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, and Eidos-Montreal have to make a TR-related announcement? (Not counting Reloaded, of course, since it's a mobile game.)
The sarcasm went straight over your head didn’t it?
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 13:51   #15
Evan C.

The 25th anniversary is very important for the gaming world, so aside from what some would like to think, there is probably something going on behind scenes.

My bet is that they are going to announce the upcoming Tomb Raider title wich is most lilkely going to be a reintroduction of the first game. Is not going to be a remake, but rather a continuation of Shadow with a different concept with iconic elements. This way, they are celebrating Lara's traidition and releasing something entirely new.
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 14:11   #16
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Some of you will say that Avengers doesn't have anything to do with TR, well we actually don't know that. And i am pretty sure that it has to do and a lot.
I agree. It's still a product of the same business and since it failed (miserably) I'm sure it has impacted the organization, though I am not sure to what degree. I only hope that no jobs are lost because of that, and at the same time, I am hoping this serves as a wake up call to hand over TR to another developer, like EidosM. CrystalD have proven incapable of handling TR on several occasions, and maybe it's about time they focus on their original IPs like Legacy or Kain, Soul Reaver and Gex, which at the same time, would still justify the need for having employees. I'm sure the gaming world would welcome back these IPs considering how popular they were in the 90s.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 14:19   #17
Mikky

Even if such a game did exist, they'd only be announcing it this year, not releasing it, which means they'd be missing the anniversary - again. Might as well not bother this time
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 14:50   #18
killchan

There's no 25th anniversary because the first game came out ~7 years ago, not 25.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 14:57   #19
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
CD is getting dragged online constantly for Avengers. And there is a lot of backlash for it for empty promises, no communication and delays. Unless someone else is working on anything TR related for years now (which i highly doubt), i am not expecting anything.

Apparently they promised a read-map, back in October, one month after the game release and there is still nothing. Kate, Hawkeye and Black Panther were supposed to be out by the Christmas. They only released Kate... with delays. Next-Gen upgrade is delayed, PC playerbase is basically non-existent...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=49024a164226

It's probably a MESS at CD and they are trying to do everything they can to save the game or they are just abandoning it. Some of you will say that Avengers doesn't have anything to do with TR, well we actually don't know that. And i am pretty sure that it has to do and a lot.
If they're that behind schedule then it's a no brainier.

25th anniversary isn't happening
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 15:16   #20
killchan

In Marvel's Avengers , players still fall through the map.

Source: official community streams, with the actual community managers themselves playing the game
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote