Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 21-02-19, 17:27   #11
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Yes, and not having mid-air control would be a good compensation for the fact platforming is made so much easier by the easier controls.
Anyways, she was much much less controllable in midair in the classics and indeed it had little use.
I'd at least have that anyway.

Minor-correction is more desirable than 180 turns.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 17:46   #12
Ahmier
Unverified

Difficulty settings were awesome. Although that started in Underworld while it’s more refined in Shadow.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 20:20   #13
JsotoTRSaga

Reboot Manor (in it's full glory next time)
Difficulty settings
Reboot backstory
Mid air steering

The rest should go in favor of the much awaited (and needed) return to roots.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 22:32   #14
jhons0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Think of the air steering that you had to do in the classics as well. Does it start to make more sense? It adds more depth that just jumping foward, left or right, even though it's unrealistic
Air steering is just yucky. Its not even right to compare it to the classics since they gave you vastly less control over it than in 2013+.
2013+ You can literally make Lara 180 its stupid.
I don't mind air steering coming back but it has to be heavily toned down for the most part, the classic way is best and even then maybe a bit of a tone down would be nice still.

I can consider a few exceptions like if you run off a ledge if you quickly push back on the analogue then she can grab back but the air steering thing in my opinion needs to specifically be manipulated by tight timing for when it is possible and in what situation.
2013 is an example of steering at its absolute worst, it also makes platforming way too easy.
jhons0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 23:14   #15
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post
Air steering is just yucky. Its not even right to compare it to the classics since they gave you vastly less control over it than in 2013+.
I don't mind air steering coming back but it has to be heavily toned down for the most part, the classic way is best and even then maybe a bit of a tone down would be nice still.

I can consider a few exceptions like if you run off a ledge if you quickly push back on the analogue then she can grab back but the air steering thing in my opinion needs to specifically be manipulated by tight timing for when it is possible and in what situation.
2013 is an example of steering at its absolute worst, it also makes platforming way too easy.
I mostly agree. I think they could make it harder to do it
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 23:31   #16
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post

Agree, classics didn't allow you to steer in the air. They did allow you to veer as in alter your trajectory slightly at the initial point of the jump.

Reboot has Lara just turning around or stopping completely. There is no momentum, weight, gravity.

I don't see anything that really needs to carry over. Underwater I would say, but that is something natural to Tomb Raider that shouldn't be ask to be kept in, but should be expected to be there.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 09:56   #17
Lara_Fan1

The Collectibles - I loved the way they included relics and documents in to the game to give the backstory of the myth/location Lara is in. So I think they should defiantly keep those.

The Bow - Controversial I know but I do love the bow, it's my most used weapon in the trilogy and only use the other guns when needed (Shotgun to blow barricades). They can bring back the duals by all means (not exactly on top of my list though) as-long as we keep the bow.

Everything else in the OP as-well, I agree with.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 11:55   #18
jajay119

I don't think there was much I would say the trilogy nailed. There are a great many things that need tweeking, changing or removing completely for future installments. The things the games did get better at, namely platforming and puzzle solving, have been in the series in earlier installments in similar ways though credit to shadow for finally removing all the hand holding visually that definitely needs to remain.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 11:58   #19
Vaseknavy

The difficulty option was nice, i would like to see that again, because i don't like white paintings and hints from Lara
Vaseknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 13:01   #20
Chamayoo

I agree with all the things mentioned by OP !
I would add MonKey God tomb as an absolute inspiration to how the game should be.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote