Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 23-03-18, 01:50   #12631
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Grenades are so annoying. Nothing about their physics works properly.
Weird thing is, these settings work fine with the FLEP patches. But those are applied to all the ammo types and I need this exclusively for one type of ammo.

EDIT: So additional query. Is it possible to stop the FLARE_ITEM from spawning when Lara throws (press flare key) or drops (press draw weapons key) her flare?

Last edited by Boobandie; 24-03-18 at 21:06.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 05:22   #12632
StudBuddha
Inactive

Can someone help me out with a link to the holster fix mod. I tried going to the link but it's broken http://initiator.nm.ru/tr/

thank you.
StudBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 09:17   #12633
Titak

What exactly is the holster fix mod?

Isn't that something that's fixed in TRNG already?
No extra's added/needed.
Because TRNG does show Lara's holsters the way they were intended.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 12:28   #12634
matrix54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Weird thing is, these settings work fine with the FLEP patches. But those are applied to all the ammo types and I need this exclusively for one type of ammo.

EDIT: So additional query. Is it possible to stop the FLARE_ITEM from spawning when Lara throws (press flare key) or drops (press draw weapons key) her flare?
You can destroy the flare when it spawns with a global trigger. Make the flare the selected item with GT_ON_CREATED_ITEM, and have a command to immediately delete it.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 22:01   #12635
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post

No extra's added/needed.
I don't know about the holster fix mod, but the way Lara's holsters are shown could still be improved with the revolver acting like the desert eagle from TR3 and leaving the pistol/uzi in the left holster.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-18, 07:09   #12636
StudBuddha
Inactive

Quote:

No extra's added/needed.
I found my mistake. Simple fix Thank you.
StudBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-18, 13:19   #12637
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
I don't know about the holster fix mod, but the way Lara's holsters are shown could still be improved with the revolver acting like the desert eagle from TR3 and leaving the pistol/uzi in the left holster.
This is something I've been trying to do.
So far only for the pistol being left in the left holster.
But I couldn't make it work, either with AkyV's plugin (no variables needed) or original TRNG scripting with variables.
Didn't even try making it work for the uzi.

Last edited by Titak; 28-03-18 at 11:19.
Old 28-03-18, 10:41   #12638
Opaque79

Been thinking about diving deeper into the TRNG side of editing, inculding HD textures and objects. I've got a grasp on some of the TRNG features but where to start with the rest, I have no idea.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-18, 11:24   #12639
Titak

If you have an idea for a puzzle or feature which is not possible with just the TRLE, you can come in and ask here. And we'll be able to show you a starting point.

Another thing that I've found quite usefull is read through the descriptions of the "SCRIPT NEW commands" in NG-Center to get an idea of what could be possible with them.
I also found reading through the MNEMONIC CONSTANTS quite useful.
Don't read it all at once because that'll be boring as hell, as well as it being way too much. But reading snippets once in a while.
Browsing through TRNG triggers in the editor can also give you an idea of what is possible.
And once you want to try out a feature, but it is not working the way you want it to, then we are here to help.

And ofcourse Paolone's tutorial projects are quite usefull.
And the tutorials in our tutorials section.
Old 28-03-18, 11:50   #12640
Opaque79

Quote:
If you have an idea for a puzzle or feature which is not possible with just the TRLE, you can come in and ask here. And we'll be able to show you a starting point.

Another thing that I've found quite usefull is read through the descriptions of the "SCRIPT NEW commands" in NG-Center to get an idea of what could be possible with them.
I also found reading through the MNEMONIC CONSTANTS quite useful.
Don't read it all at once because that'll be boring as hell, as well as it being way too much. But reading snippets once in a while.
Browsing through TRNG triggers in the editor can also give you an idea of what is possible.
And once you want to try out a feature, but it is not working the way you want it to, then we are here to help.

And ofcourse Paolone's tutorial projects are quite usefull.
And the tutorials in our tutorials section.
I had to learn a few features for situations in Quest For The Golden Armour - Trigger Groups and Item Groups to be exact.
Reading small amounts of the new commands will work great as I avoid walls of text when possible.

I use them whenever possible now.

I do have one question. The backup flipeffect trigger is used for creating checkpoints?
Also, the restore backup flipeffect would be used in conjunction with a triggergroup to reload the backup save if Lara dies?
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote