Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 24-02-18, 18:22   #9581
tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twayne View Post
Right? Haha, I couldn't believe, and I still cant believe that Homecoming is that high. Just F right off. I'm never one to abide by RT. Ever since it was formed. It was fun to look at but I just saw movies, and I loved, liked, or hated movies. RT scores will never influence me. Some of my favorite movies have low scores as well.

Right at this moment I think the film guys and Youtubers matter more than the RT score or general critics. Young people need to get out into the theaters and they help spread the word, and if their favorite youtuber likes it, they'll plan to go see it. I think most geeks know to not trust snooty critics as much in this day and age. People always make a huge deal about "audience score" vs Tomato score, etc. fans will flock in defense of a movie if they really like it.

On other general movie forums I'm seeing stuff like "this movie has no buzz" "it looks generic and boring" "hopefully it's good" etc. People are completely indifferent on it right now and need to be swayed in one direction or another and I think youtubers help most with tipping that film-lover crowd in any given direction. Everyone wants a GOOD video game movie and if there is positive word of mouth, people will flock to it to make a statement, that this is what we want more of. I know I would. If I like it, I'm buying extra tickets just to support it, and trying my best to spread the word on every forum and social media outlet I can! (...if I like it lol)

A positive RT score can only HELP matters, for sure, but if it's low, not all hope is lost haha. Here's hoping to at least a 60%.
Omg, home coming and ragnarok were ass, hela was the only good thing about those films. It's bull**** how easy critics go on marvel studio movies. Neither of those forgettable films were as close to good as logan.
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 18:25   #9582
James_Rutland

Now Logan is a film I can understand getting super high reviews. Emotional, well written and acted and visually remarkable. Thor Ragnarok and Spider-Man Homecoming were trash that deserved maybe 35-40% on RT.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 18:26   #9583
PinkyPromise

Ragnarok is a very very very funny movie and like a lot of people... Hopefully TR has one half of his reception
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 18:27   #9584
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Now Logan is a film I can understand getting super high reviews. Emotional, well written and acted and visually remarkable. Thor Ragnarok and Spider-Man Homecoming were trash that deserved maybe 35-40% on RT.
I agree on Spiderman the others I haven't see it yet (I stay away from Marvel movies)
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 18:38   #9585
PinkyPromise

Let me tell something: when a movie is very successful (Homecoming, Thor 3) it's because the audience liked it. Those movies had a great mouth-ear.

The critics were good but the movies stayed weeks because people liked it. If the movie had not been liked, the movie would have disappeared in the first week (as with the Batman vs. Superman or Justice League films that they did not like) The success of the first week is thanks to the publicity, the rest is thanks to the opinions of the people.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 24-02-18 at 18:39.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 19:29   #9586
2001LC20
Inactive

Soooo what do you think about the movie that will be released CLOSE to TR? Are they big threads?
I am especially worried because of RPO
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 19:40   #9587
Tonyrobinson

Ready Player One isn't a threat it's also a Warner Bros movie they'll have considered that during its release. A Wrinkle in Time will be a threat, Black Panther is a triumph for it's representation of people of colour, that will have a long life at the box office and A Wrinkle in Time is also a huge opportunity for multiculutural actors on screen so that can also be a factor in its box office appeal.

Love, Simon will be a sure hit but on a smaller scale and can't compare to Tomb Raider budget wise it really all depends on word of mouth at this stage. If this can pull off something similar to Jumanji then everything will work out well.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 19:57   #9588
joona

I am currently replaying Tomb Raider (2013) and I really love how brutal, serious and dark it is. I am slightly pissed about the rating of the film, but I get it.
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 20:10   #9589
GeekOfComedy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Ive seen about a half a dozen reviews on twitter now... all positive... havent seen anything negative. I dont wanna post a link just in case i get them in trouble...

Theyre easy to find with a quick google search, but once theyre out of the top results, I have trouble finding them again...
Feel free to share links (not screenshots), it's all good till their deleted. As for the infamous one I was talking about that got deleted here it is with all personal info removed.

The one Jon Bailey posted sounds good! When that first review said the plot was all over the place maybe it was referring to some of the things he mentioned but it sounds very positive. Again I feel like there's enough redeemable things here to make it a 6 or 7/10 movie.

While a Wrinke in Time is a contender against Tomb Raider that is a strict PG film that will come out the week before and to be honest isn't being advertised in Europe at all. I saw Black Panther again for the second time in another City and no AWIT ad before it but they did show Tomb Raider... I dunno, I want both films to succeed and internationally I'm unsure about AWIT.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 24-02-18 at 20:19.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 20:13   #9590
Tonyrobinson

I'd love a shot at that 60% RT score.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote