www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 23-02-21, 03:23   #3781
Richard_trle
Explorer

In the newest version of WadTool and Tomb Editor, using statics with dynamic option on cause ambient shading to be lost.

For example, I had a static on the previous version that had dynamic lights on and I could tint it green, it does not work anymore, the shading is completely ignored when the level is compressed.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 06:54   #3782
adngel
Student

I though that's was normal. O_

As I understood it, statics with dynamic light, the static loose its shading, getting the room ambience color, and getting light from the room lights according the normals.

There was also the choice of use static light, that can customize that ambient and make a own shading. But then it ignores the dynamic lights of the level.

(I don't know if it's possible to have an object that reacts to the dynamic lights, but also remains its custome shading, i think it was not possible).

Also, in the previous version, when I imported meshes, these loose the shading (vertex color), so I had to recreate the shading using the WadTool methods (In "Edit static model" to add light sources and recalcualte normals). I have not tried to import a static mesh with vertex colours yet on the new version.
Old 23-02-21, 08:56   #3783
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by adngel View Post
I though that's was normal. O_

As I understood it, statics with dynamic light, the static loose its shading, getting the room ambience color, and getting light from the room lights according the normals.
You are completely right. Static mesh tint is not used when dynamic light model is chosen. It was always like this, and it has nothing to do with new TE version.

Richard_trle, if you want statics to preserve tint, vertex colors and yet use dynamic light model, you shoul merge static meshes in room geometry. This feature is available in TE for a long time.

As for vertex colors, they should be imported along with mesh and used. They were not imported before version 1.3.8, but they are now. Only problem is that engine can't work with actual colors, only with grayscale values, so vertex colors will be internally converted to grayscale on level compile. Hopefully TR5Main won't have this limitation.

Edit: AkyV, I have updated TE packages. Now the bug with remap textures checkbox should be fixed. Also I have disabled "override light quality" checkbox because it seems that this option was never actually implemented, or maybe someone accidentally deleted the code for it. This option is useless for now, but probably it will be reimplemented by someone later, if one will have time for that.

Also, speaking of what you called "Y coordinate bug": I am sorry, but why are you using word "bug" here? Something which doesn't work exactly as in NGLE/TRLE is not always a bug. In this particular case, it's just TE way of managing things. TE has a separate values for room vertical position and block corner heights. These are independent and unrelated values which are combined only on level compilation. In case of prj import, TE calculates vertical room position from lowest corner height (I am not sure why though, but I guess just because prj format has quirks keeping both values separately).

Last edited by Lwmte; 23-02-21 at 10:46.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 21:15   #3784
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post

Edit: AkyV, I have updated TE packages. Now the bug with remap textures checkbox should be fixed.
It is okay now.

Quote:
Also I have disabled "override light quality" checkbox
Checked.

Quote:
Also, speaking of what you called "Y coordinate bug": I am sorry, but why are you using word "bug" here? Something which doesn't work exactly as in NGLE/TRLE is not always a bug.
It is due to probably my low English vocabulary.

------------------
A new little find:
To be consistent:

Traversable textured vertical portal in 3D- yellow
Traversable textured horizontal portal in 3D - yellow
Traversable textured vertical portal in plan view grid - black
Traversable textured horizontal portal in plan view grid - black

Solid textured vertical portal in 3D- blueish green as solid sector
Solid textured horizontal portal in 3D - yellow as traversable ???
Solid textured vertical portal in plan view grid - blueish green as solid sector
Solid textured horizontal portal in plan view grid -light gray as solid room wall

EDIT:
Shift+Numpad number keys: they don't do anything. (Shift+alphanumerical number keys are okay.)
Yes, I had Num Lock on.

EDIT2:
Switch tool 1-14: what are these?

Last edited by AkyV; 24-02-21 at 22:09.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 19:48   #3785
AkyV

Bug report:
"Move object" causes an error message and I need to quit if a light/fog icon was selected to move.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 08:25   #3786
SapphireSoul11
Hobbyist

Default Jumping between levels?

Hi I started using tomb editor and i need to jump between levels but it seems to be different than NGLE. I appreciate any help with this, thanks
Old 27-02-21, 08:30   #3787
Joey79100
Professor

It's not meant to be different. Could you explain what you did and what's happening exactly? It would help in understanding the issue.
Old 27-02-21, 08:34   #3788
SapphireSoul11
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
It's not meant to be different. Could you explain what you did and what's happening exactly? It would help in understanding the issue.
Hi yes and thanks for responding in the original NGLE When I select trigger there is box to the right of that to enter the number for the level i want to jump to. With tomb editor that box isn't there.

I've been following this tutorial
https://www.treditor.hu/7/gmac/nglemanual/ngle39.html
Old 27-02-21, 09:20   #3789
adngel
Student

Hello SapphireSoul.

Preciselly yesterday I was setting the levels jumps in my pack of levels. Using Tomb Editor I did like this:

These images are from my level jump between level 2 and level 3

Level 3, if Lara goes down the stairs, she returns to level 2

Level 2, If Lara goes up the stairs, whe gos to level 3

So the Finish trigger, is what make the level jump, in the (Param) you indicate which level does she goes. (First level in the script list is 1, not 0)

In my case:
1 - Tutorial Level
2 - Pyramid courts
3 - Pyramid interior

In those finish triggers, there is a valor: Timer, if you leave it on 0, Lara in the next level will start where the original Lara is, but if you put the number of a OCB Lara Start Pos, she will start from that position instead.
Old 27-02-21, 10:43   #3790
SapphireSoul11
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by adngel View Post
Hello SapphireSoul.
In those finish triggers, there is a valor: Timer, if you leave it on 0, Lara in the next level will start where the original Lara is, but if you put the number of a OCB Lara Start Pos, she will start from that position instead.
Thank you adngel
You helped me realize a mistake i made, I put the OCB on lara instead of the start pos object. XD
It works perfectly now, thanks again!