Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 23-04-19, 16:56   #11
GnautKrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I know this might sound like a dumb question, but... are you using the mouse? It almost sounds as if you were using only the keyboard without the precise and quick camera adjustments of the mouse.
Ditto - you need both; I never played differently; anyway, do the old arrow keys for camera control still work in that game?

I remember I switched to manual grab early on - more old school feel & control - and it's easier to climb the really difficult parts & not get killed so much by the camera. The hardest part was one fiendish grapple/wall running combination in the great pyramid...
GnautKrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-19, 18:40   #12
akci

The game was clearly designed with controller in mind, but it can be played just fine with mouse+keyboard too. Maybe the controller has a bit shorter learning curve, that's all. When I played this game I set up in a way that I used the arrows for moving forward and the mouse for turning, that gave the closest to the old school, keeping the darn camera behind Lara as much as possible. And arranged the function keys around the arrows, like num0 for grapple, right ctrl for grab. Of course I played with manual grab, that feature made this the most playable Crystal game.
Mind you, I'm having the mouse overclocked, a habit left from the Counter Strike days
Even these days with crazy processors and video cards, the control peripheries, like mouse, or wheel if you're into racing games, are still worth overclocking for smoother action. Doesn't make a world of difference, but noticable.
Or maybe it's just down to your type of mouse. I guess a cheap optical mouse might not be ideal. I only use mice with the ball, it needs to get cleaned sometimes, to be sure, but in my experience still better.
There are different control schemes in the game, IIRC Advanced Toggle worked the best for me.
There were still a few, really just a few, places where the drunken cameraman problem occured, but with a bit of practice, a few deaths, you can learn to expect these and compensate beforehand.
akci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-19, 20:29   #13
SifKi

I finally made it!

I’m in my late 30s and it’s been a minute since I’ve played TR so I’ve lost a bit of the agility I once had (I still can’t quite adjust to *having* to adjust the camera angle).

Now that I’ve gotten the wall-run sorted, does anyone remember how to make Lara release from horizontal poles before a full swing? There are a few that lower as soon as she grabs them and no matter what I hit, she hangs without moving. Sometimes I can make it but I have no idea how I do so.

Thanks again for all your help so far, btw!
SifKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-19, 15:59   #14
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifKi View Post
I finally made it!

I’m in my late 30s and it’s been a minute since I’ve played TR so I’ve lost a bit of the agility I once had (I still can’t quite adjust to *having* to adjust the camera angle).

Now that I’ve gotten the wall-run sorted, does anyone remember how to make Lara release from horizontal poles before a full swing? There are a few that lower as soon as she grabs them and no matter what I hit, she hangs without moving. Sometimes I can make it but I have no idea how I do so.

Thanks again for all your help so far, btw!
If you are referring to Lara being able to swing forward without doing a full rotation of the pole then I just hold the forward button and spam jump.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote