Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 25-01-19, 04:19   #271
charmedangelin

Oh so we should play around with a broken flashlight?

I should not get satisfaction from a product I paid for?

Last edited by charmedangelin; 25-01-19 at 04:20.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 04:27   #272
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I should not get satisfaction from a product I paid for?
Happens. Don't buy the next game.

Me and others brought the same product for the same amount of money and were satisfied.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 04:39   #273
Gemma Darkmoon

The big things they did listen on seem to be the tombs, puzzles, traversal, swimming, retro skins, puzzles and no Xbox exclusivity.
The big misses seem to be the duals, sass/humour and outfits.

The misses are clear but their responses in interview answers have made this worse managing to stir up frustration in the fanbase. The line 'forget about shorts, dual pistols and dinosaurs' shows such naivety that it is almost a paraphrase of 'I'm not listening to you guys'. It's very clear on outfits and hairstyle they actively moved further way and dug in against requests e.g 'Lara doesn't care about her hair' sounds more like a little swipe at the fanbase.

Gong back to the question of are they listening? well it can be argued both ways. There certainly were some changes into Shadow and is true that they can't listen to everything like one question about a flashlight. This being said I do feel that things like the duals and stylish outfits are talked about so much that it is going to keep bringing negativity against their work until they remedy it. The fanbase will simply never let it drop so for those is the right time to put aside their concerns and start listening.

Last edited by Gemma Darkmoon; 25-01-19 at 04:47.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 04:51   #274
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Happens. Don't buy the next game.

Me and others brought the same product for the same amount of money and were satisfied.
But if I don't buy the game then I wouldn't be allowed to have an opinion here.

So that means the rest of us can be ignored and all the issues with Shadow and the reboot are suddenly non issues because some people were satisfied?

Hard to build a lasting legacy and franchise on that kind of business policy isn't it.

Duals are Lara's one and only signature. Flashlight is supposed to work that is something that should be working. Outfits should not be forced when you pay for many of them. Lara Croft should be her badass self and the outfit is not the classic outfit. It has the color scheme, but it is not the classic outfit.
Old 25-01-19, 04:51   #275
TrustyBow

That whole "Forget the duals..." thing was definitely in bad taste. It's kind of hard to defend that. At the very least, they could've worded it better.

Quote:
So that means the rest of us can be ignored and all the issues with Shadow and the reboot are suddenly non issues because some people were satisfied?

Duals are Lara's one and only signature. Flashlight is supposed to work that is something that should be working. Outfits should not be forced when you pay for many of them. Lara Croft should be her badass self and the outfit is not the classic outfit. It has the color scheme, but it is not the classic outfit.
I mean outfits aside, a lot of people didn't have a problem with the issues you had, from what I know. Or I guess I should say they didn't let those issues ruin the game for them.

I mean the duals? Yeah I get that complaint but I've pretty much moved on. The axe is memorable in its own right, albeit not as memorable, but still cool. I don't know what to tell you about the flashlight man. If its broken, I didn't notice, but yeah that should be fixed.

And I'm not saying I don't want your opinion here. It just seems like you really really don't like the reboot games and this incarnation of Lara, so I'm not sure why you'd continue to buy future entries.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 25-01-19 at 05:00.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 08:08   #276
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I mean outfits aside, a lot of people didn't have a problem with the issues you had, from what I know. Or I guess I should say they didn't let those issues ruin the game for them.

I mean the duals? Yeah I get that complaint but I've pretty much moved on. The axe is memorable in its own right, albeit not as memorable, but still cool. I don't know what to tell you about the flashlight man. If its broken, I didn't notice, but yeah that should be fixed.

And I'm not saying I don't want your opinion here. It just seems like you really really don't like the reboot games and this incarnation of Lara, so I'm not sure why you'd continue to buy future entries.
Hope for the most part and as I've said before I don't blindly hate the reboot games. I just wish they would make an attempt to actually respect the source material for once.

TR2013 was the perfect narrative set up for the badass Lara Croft we knew and loved.

Rise did a good job at trying to balance out TR13, but it suffered from the narrative point and if only CD actually respected TR13 and continued with dual gunned Lara then I could accept it more.

Shadow just feels like a direct spit in the face to me. After everything that happened with the marketing and what we got and still have problems with, it just really frustrates me to no end.

Why do I continue? For hope, I was really hoping that Shadow was going to be something. You guys have long forgotten how excited I was for Shadow. But they did a really good job dashing all those hopes and dreams.

Why do I remain? Because I want TR and I'm not the type of person to give up on something I feel passionate about and I shouldn't be asked to give up on it just because some people enjoy it.
Old 25-01-19, 19:50   #277
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Hope for the most part and as I've said before I don't blindly hate the reboot games. I just wish they would make an attempt to actually respect the source material for once.

TR2013 was the perfect narrative set up for the badass Lara Croft we knew and loved.

Rise did a good job at trying to balance out TR13, but it suffered from the narrative point and if only CD actually respected TR13 and continued with dual gunned Lara then I could accept it more.

Shadow just feels like a direct spit in the face to me. After everything that happened with the marketing and what we got and still have problems with, it just really frustrates me to no end.

Why do I continue? For hope, I was really hoping that Shadow was going to be something. You guys have long forgotten how excited I was for Shadow. But they did a really good job dashing all those hopes and dreams.

Why do I remain? Because I want TR and I'm not the type of person to give up on something I feel passionate about and I shouldn't be asked to give up on it just because some people enjoy it.
First off, I need to say that I still haven’t played Shadow. The only way I know so much about the game is from here, the marketing, and watching all the cutscenes on YouTube. I know that might make my opinion “invalid”, but I hope people accept what I’m saying.

Nonetheless, from all I do know, Shadow was that first attempt at “respecting the source material”. Is it perfect? No, there are a lot of issues, specifically with the story. But, the increased isolation, the nod to the classic and main Underworld outfit with the default outfit, the atmosphere in some instances, the secret ending, Croft Manor, a lot of this stuff is them trying to pay respect to TR’s past in a organic, well suited form. At least to me.

Let’s not forget that there is the possibility that they have wanted to do more for fans but couldn’t due to time constraints and Squeenix or someone else holding them back. This isn’t fact, but I do think it’s worth considering, particularly due to the cut bun, the braid, and the unpatched ending.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 20:07   #278
Chamayoo

Something tells me that Squeenix want everything unclear and not strictly classic because they don't know what to do for TR future.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 20:44   #279
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Something tells me that Squeenix want everything unclear and not strictly classic because they don't know what to do for TR future.
That is possible. If they did indeed not know what to do for TR’s future, it could support the theory of them being the reason for TR playing it safe. Or, it could simply be that they want the ability to do something fairly different without having to deal with some other mess in order to do just that.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 21:07   #280
Amunet

Quote:

I'm the exact opposite from you. TR13 and Rise were really disappointing for me and after Rise I was really close to giving up. Close, but not quite there yet. It actually takes a lot for me to quit something I'm invested in, and while I was disappointed, like you I still had some hope left. So I stuck around and during Shadow's promo campaign I actually found myself cautiously optimistic. And honestly, it totally paid of! Shadow, for me, was without a doubt, the best Tomb Raider experience since the end of the Core era. Yes, for me it was even better than LAU. It's not perfect, but it's definitely on the right track.

Anyway, even though I don't agree with you, I totally get where you're coming from. So stick around and don't give up hope!
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote