Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 21-08-16, 22:32   #1
AkyV

Default Open chat about TRNG user developments in progress

If you are a TRNG plugin developer, then tell here what you are just working on.

Last edited by AkyV; 04-12-16 at 00:52.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 00:55   #2
AkyV

This thread was created when the new TRNG was confirmed in the summer of 2016. The good news is the thread is active now, please send your posts!
Old 19-12-16, 17:33   #3
AkyV

I started creating my first plugin.

This plugin contains several tiny new executable triggers and condition triggers.
No big things at all, but perhaps they are handy sometimes for the users who don't really like variables or complex scripting, because they are mostly the easier versions of the "hidden triggers".

So (almost) all the new things in this plugin are available with easier or complex triggering and scripting, in variable and memory zone based setups, using only trng.dll. (However, any variable mentioned there are NOT used in these new triggers.)
So what I offer is mostly one simple trigger per feature instead of those complicated hidden trigger setups.

I am still an amateur plugin maker, so, for the time being, this is all I can give.
The are several "hidden triggers", so I'll probably release these new triggers in details, in more than one plugin, in the near months.

Last edited by AkyV; 25-01-17 at 21:18.
Old 25-01-17, 20:47   #4
AkyV

Moving sun.

Pulsing sun.

Old 25-01-17, 21:00   #5
aidanmalone

The videos are private

EDIT: Really impressive so far!

Last edited by aidanmalone; 25-01-17 at 21:09.
aidanmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-17, 21:09   #6
AkyV

Fixed.
Old 25-01-17, 22:19   #7
Matie

Nice work!
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-17, 09:35   #8
Joey79100

That's impressive! The moving sun will probably be useful for cutscenes I guess. Is it possible to move other coordinates too, to make it move up and down while it's moving in one direction?

I mean, how would we use it? If we can enter values ourself, I guess we can use it for a helicopter for example (kinda like in Industrial Rooftops in AOD).

Glad to see someone showing something.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-17, 11:34   #9
AkyV

Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
The moving sun will probably be useful for cutscenes I guess. Is it possible to move other coordinates too, to make it move up and down while it's moving in one direction?
If you have already read the basic SDK tutorial of Paolone, then you've already heard about "progressive actions" (= about Organizers). Embedding several progactions into each other is probably possible, but seems very complicated (eg. moving to north and also moving to east at the same time), so no, at the same time you can move the sun only in one direction now.
However, you don't lose any spectacular thing with you can't do it.
I mean, I experienced that sun was programmed in a very simple way. I mean, not for arches, like a "normal" sun, but it works "around" the "cube" of the level, on lines, in three directions: north-south (from A to B), west-east (from C to D) and up-down (from E to F). It seems "circular" for you only because the huge distance between the sun and Lara.

On the other hand, the sun has got some new in-game (trigger-controlled) customizations:

- Set new (requested) fix coordinates/color any time (even when the sun is moving).
- Move it in one (east, up, north etc.) requested direction any time. (Between the original and the requested end coordinate of a huge fix interval. Speed is also customizable.)
- Slow color change from the start color to the requested one. Speed is also customizable.
- Pulsing between the start color and the requested one. Speed is also customizable. At the end: actual, start or end color is restored. Stop: immediately, timed or after the required amount of pulse phases.

Quote:
I mean, how would we use it? If we can enter values ourself,
Nothing is prefixed. You can type/choose the value you want.

Quote:
I guess we can use it for a helicopter for example (kinda like in Industrial Rooftops in AOD).
Why not?
Or the moving sun as a UFO?
Or if you have a lighthouse drawn in the horizon, then the pulsing sun could be a nice beacon. (If the start or the end color is 0/0/0 "nothing", then the pulse happens between nothing and a color.)

Last edited by AkyV; 26-01-17 at 12:01.
Old 26-01-17, 12:36   #10
Joey79100

I had no idea of what how you've coded it, so I wondered if you would have been able to create constants (PARAM_) to add a curve to the movement. Indeed the sun has not been coded in a really realistic way, but with plugnis it would be possible to do it. But it's probably much more work, and you already did something really interesting. I did not even think about things like the lighthouse (Titak will be happy!).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote