www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 18-07-20, 19:02   #61
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
The Reboot TR games (and especially TR2013) are Tomb Raider games, like them or not.

They feature tombs, they feature dungeons, they feature caves, they feature platforming sections and last but not least they feature Lara Croft.

You may not like the gameplay and overall direction, but saying the Reboot TR games are not Tomb Raider games (or unTomb-Raidery, or whatever) is a reach.
Literally this. No amount of whining will change the fact that Survivor Lara and Reboot TR are still Lara Croft and Tomb Raider respectively.

Maybe some people don't like them as much or at all and that's perfectly fine and 100% valid but trying to "prove" or whatever that they're not "true" is not what we're gonna do, not seven years after the Reboot.

We all had our time to adjust to the new iteration of the franchise.
Old 18-07-20, 19:02   #62
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
They are not Tomb Raider games, they do not feature the original Lara Croft, they do not feature the original storyline, the mechanics are entirely re-simulated. The biggest reach is to say they are Tomb Raider games. They are merchandise within the Tomb Raider brand and that is about it.
They are but you are only biased by a vision based mostly on the overflowing nostalgia and the hapiness the Core/Crystal games gives you when you have discovered them.

Every TR games are TR games and that's all.
Old 18-07-20, 20:57   #63
Gian Carlo
Professor

Quote:
They are not Tomb Raider games, they do not feature the original Lara Croft, they do not feature the original storyline, the mechanics are entirely re-simulated. The biggest reach is to say they are Tomb Raider games. They are merchandise within the Tomb Raider brand and that is about it.
You are delusional. Theyíre not Tomb Raider TO YOU. And your opinion is not a fact.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 22:38   #64
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
Literally this. No amount of whining will change the fact that Survivor Lara and Reboot TR are still Lara Croft and Tomb Raider respectively.

Maybe some people don't like them as much or at all and that's perfectly fine and 100% valid but trying to "prove" or whatever that they're not "true" is not what we're gonna do, not seven years after the Reboot.

We all had our time to adjust to the new iteration of the franchise.
I agree with all of your points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
They are but you are only biased by a vision based mostly on the overflowing nostalgia and the hapiness the Core/Crystal games gives you when you have discovered them.

Every TR games are TR games and that's all.
Preach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
You are delusional. Theyíre not Tomb Raider TO YOU. And your opinion is not a fact.
Exactly.
Old 18-07-20, 22:39   #65
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

Quote:
I get what you mean but I feel like nothing means anything .So the reboot is Tomb Raider.
Old 20-07-20, 04:37   #66
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

So I've been playing Paper Mario The Origami King and it's so sad that another franchise knows how to create proper tombs. I actually got stuck on the second tomb of the game for a good 30mins before I managed to solve the puzzle.

CD needs to take some tips from this game on tombs having multiple chambers, traps, puzzles, enemies in the tombs. Took me about 2 hours to beat the second tomb.

If anything about the reboot needing to change, it's the tombs.
Old 20-07-20, 05:32   #67
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I donít think itís a question of if we have another reboot but when we have another.

Eventually this current iteration will run out of steam eventually and thatís when people stop buying it. If the sales start to slump (which Squeenix hinted at during the first one and they havenít been too keen on sharing the real figures, just lumps of eveething) then weíll see a hiatus and a reboot Iím sure.

I think the franchise will go the way of SH and just reboot into something totally different but keep the bare bones of it all. Girl with brown hair from England goes on adventure and finds shiny thing. Done.

You plug in the rest.
Old 20-07-20, 07:21   #68
jackraider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post

I think the franchise will go the way of SH and just reboot into something totally different but keep the bare bones of it all. Girl with brown hair from England goes on adventure and finds shiny thing. Done.

You plug in the rest.
I have a feeling youíre right. Current Lara is so unrecognizable from what we were once used to that I donít even think it would matter anymore if the main character in a TR game wasnít Lara at all. I think the sadistic side of me would find satisfaction with TRFORUMS going bonkers over this.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 07:23   #69
suli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
So I've been playing Paper Mario The Origami King and it's so sad that another franchise knows how to create proper tombs. I actually got stuck on the second tomb of the game for a good 30mins before I managed to solve the puzzle.

CD needs to take some tips from this game on tombs having multiple chambers, traps, puzzles, enemies in the tombs. Took me about 2 hours to beat the second tomb.

If anything about the reboot needing to change, it's the tombs.
when did you play it? you're here all the time.