www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 31-07-20, 12:12   #41
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
As I said before, I didn't think of them while creating this thread. For me there were just mercenaries and not that much more deeper than that in the games. I didn't even think of an evil organisation, but could be a local little cult.
I was thinking about Da Vinci Code type of adventure, or X-Files. It could involved a lost ancient civilization, or aliens despite Amunet disliking this idea.
It's a pet peeve of mine that has grown in recent years with History Channel's ridiculous focus on programs about ancient aliens. Back in the day I probably wouldn't mind it, but nowadays it annoys me beyond reason. I just can't help it! So yeah, I would rather TR stay away from that sort of story.
Old Today, 10:31   #42
Cochrane
Golden

I like this idea. I don't think AoD did it well (and I'm not sure they would have done it well even if a hypothetical finished version of the game had ever been possible), but the idea itself, yeah, can work.

The advantage of this approach is that you don't get the whole moral question that arises when the plot is about, "which rich European/American can steal this priceless artefact first?" The main disadvantage is that it restricts you to mostly European locations. I mean, the mental arithmetics that Shadow did to justify having both the ancient all-powerful conspiracy and a setting in a remote South American jungle was kind of adorable, but it wasn't exactly flawless.
Old Today, 12:35   #43
killchan
Archaeologist

I never bought into the apocalypse thing in Shadow, but if Lara somehow happened to, I don't know, trigger WWIII without magic and **** involved, I would be down for it.