Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 18-06-20, 23:09   #31
Ewerton Pires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I just tested out the patch. Apparently, the music cue at the trapdoors near the dagger pedestal at the start of the Temple of Xian isn't working. Any body else having this issue? I have the "mute inventory full", "AlphaBlendAdvanced", "ReflectionsHighRes_Reverse", "ViewFogRecommended", the rounded shadows, the animated inventory background, and one of the hud resizers with the color gradients enabled (can't remember which one since it was that long ago when I enabled it).

Also any plans on getting the Mac versions shadow incorporated?
The issue of the track not being triggered in the "Temple of Xian" level trapdoor and the "The Great Wall" trap corridor is related to the cdaudio.dat version. I don't know why, but this is a bug in the official Steam version and multipatch. I'll post the Tomb Raider II audio file here for you to download if you haven't solved the problem. Just delete the old folder and copy the folder "audio" to the directory where Tomb Raider II is installed. Works with Arsunt patch.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...VU_2GCvJBw92EH

Last edited by Ewerton Pires; 18-06-20 at 23:12.
Ewerton Pires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-20, 00:32   #32
Kirishima

That fixed it. Strange how I never noticed it all this time. I wonder if using a non english Tomb2 had any affect on that before switching to Arsunts.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-20, 05:50   #33
laracroftswest

Hey Arsunt, sorry to add to the list of questions and comments about TR2Main, but I seem to be having a couple of graphic oddities with the recent release:

I can see item sprites through walls and ledges, and the same goes for lava and some other walls clipping through. It doesn't change the actual gameplay, but it reminds me of the TR1 PSX build where the graphics go a little wonky. Maybe they've always been like this or it's a quick setting I can change in setup, but I feel like I've only seen it just recently.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-20, 07:48   #34
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
Hey Arsunt, sorry to add to the list of questions and comments about TR2Main, but I seem to be having a couple of graphic oddities with the recent release:

I can see item sprites through walls and ledges, and the same goes for lava and some other walls clipping through. It doesn't change the actual gameplay, but it reminds me of the TR1 PSX build where the graphics go a little wonky. Maybe they've always been like this or it's a quick setting I can change in setup, but I feel like I've only seen it just recently.
Hey,
this usually happens if you turn off Z-Buffer. Have you tried pressing F7 during gameplay? This should enable Z-Buffer and fix the drawing order. But even with Z-Buffer on I've experienced a few layering issues, so maybe that's not that.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-20, 08:31   #35
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
  • Make sure you have ZBuffer enabled.
  • Make sure you have unchecked "Don't sort transparent polys" in Advanced tab (The worst option in the game).
If options are OK, please provide me a saved game.

Last edited by Arsunt; 19-06-20 at 08:32.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-20, 16:00   #36
laracroftswest

Great! Looks like pressing F7 solved the issue, so it was something with ZBuffer. Thanks both of you!
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 14:56   #37
Avalon SARL

Hi everyone

Anyone knows how to get this game?

It is not on steam
Avalon SARL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 15:30   #38
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
Hi everyone

Anyone knows how to get this game?

It is not on steam
What do you mean?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 16:22   #39
laravision

They are probably referring to TR2 Gold, which you can legally download for free via Stella's site or TRC.

But, the best way to play TR2 Gold is through Arsunt's TR2Main patch as per instructions earlier in this thread. You can download the TR2 Gold expansion files from this link, then follow the above instructions.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 09:18   #40
Avalon SARL

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
It's a thread about TR2 gold isn't it, so I am refering to The Golden Mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
They are probably referring to TR2 Gold, which you can legally download for free via Stella's site or TRC.

But, the best way to play TR2 Gold is through Arsunt's TR2Main patch as per instructions earlier in this thread. You can download the TR2 Gold expansion files from this link, then follow the above instructions.

Thanks
Avalon SARL is online now   Reply With Quote