Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 18-07-20, 18:21   #81
Yeauxleaux

I feel about the Venice levels how most people seem to feel about the ship levels tbh.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 20:58   #82
TombRager

I'm nearly on the end of this game, currently I'm at Temple of Xian. I think the level was fine but they could have split it upon two parts or something. That spider cave, damn, I'm not arachnophobic but I screamed when a giant spider suddenly landed from behind on Lara. That section was horrid, I could barely see anything in there, not even with the brightness all the way up, had to use a walkthrough for that one. After that section I think the level began to get really tiresome, feels like it ever ends and I got lost pretty easily due to the length.

All I hope now though is that those pitch dark rooms sections end. They make me go craaazy, makes me jump all the time when something pops up suddenly.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 23:50   #83
fallenangle

The spiders: classic horror element and when you do not know where they are or you've forgotten, those jump scares get you every time. Love it.

You had much the same thing in the Himalayas with the yetis. First time through I just knew they were going to use them yet they were still wonderfully scary when you encountered them in each area.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 23:56   #84
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
The spiders: classic horror element and when you do not know where they are or you've forgotten, those jump scares get you every time. Love it.

You had much the same thing in the Himalayas with the yetis. First time through I just knew they were going to use them yet they were still wonderfully scary when you encountered them in each area.
Yeah, that pitch dark room was a pain. I didn't even step in and I knew there would be some there. I tried going in and holding down the shoot button to see if I would hit anything and would just reload my save after. Had to use a walkthrough to go through that section.
Old 19-07-20, 15:01   #85
fallenangle

Having done TR2 no medipacks and then later pistols/minimum damage that area is actually very easy but only when you know where you're going and do it perfectly. I messed up big time at first attempt on the minimum damage run and LC was jumped on twice.

The second time I just ran her through it, climbed to the safe place and finished with no more problems.

But that first time even though I knew what was coming I still jumped when one of the spiders actually attacked.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 20:15   #86
TombRager

I finally finished the game guys! I left my "review" at the last game completed topic on the video games section of the forum.