Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 02-03-20, 17:56   #3711
sackboy123

That's just Time Crash though, it was never shown again in any future story. Plus we have the whole 2nd Doctor and Jamie working for the Time Lords which again could have only happened after The War Games.
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 19:30   #3712
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
The Season 6B theory, Google all the theories but basically after The War Games, the Timelords decided to keep The Doctor on to work for them as the Time Lord CIA. The 2nd Doctor that we see during The Three Doctors, The Five Doctors and The Two Doctors are after this story, can also explain why The Doctor and Jamie are quite old during The Two Doctors because a lot of time has passed (no explanation for Zoe though).

More time has passed and The Doctor eventually regenerates into Ruth, uses the Chameleon arch to become human and hide from the Time Lords. The Time Lords probably will eventually catch Ruth, wipe her memory about the Time Lord Secret service and then dump her on Earth which is where Spearhead from Space opens up. But apparently the Judoon have caught our Doctor instead because of the Fugitive being a match, the Christmas or New Year special will probably explain more about Ruth and where she fits in all this.
So to fit Ruth into the timeline we know... maybe the Meta Crisis Doctor actually did'nt really count and was just a speculation by the Eleventh Doctor at the time ?
I really like the fact she could be between 2nd and 3rd, it makes more sense than... everything we saw in the last episode. I agree with Zelda Master, too much massive retcons at the same time. I can't believe the Doctor had an infinite life with a massive amount of unknown past-selves. How didn't she met all of them yet ?
I hope it's really a lie or a bad interpretation (or trick ?) by the Master. I mean, how to prove the Doctor is the Timless Child ? Nothing or I've missed everything.
How about the title "The Timeless Children" ? We saw just one, even if we could guess that the child is from an unknown very ancient species.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 20:03   #3713
sackboy123

I'm guessing by Children it means all of Gallifrey being built on the lies of the Timeless Child, stealing the regeneration's and therefore becoming the Timeless Children of the Timeless Child. That's my theory.

I've found a theory that doesn't make Time of the Doctor pointless as well, what if their limited the Doctors regenerations when he had his mind wipe therefore only being able to regenerate 12 times, Meta Crises Doctor doesn't count and Ruth fits in between 2 and 3. And the ending of Time of the Doctor, the Time Lords unlocked his permanent regeneration gene so now The Doctor can regenerate infinite times again.
Old 02-03-20, 22:36   #3714
Jami393

Forgot to mention, if you're interested in the Doctor Who comics and Big Finish audio dramas, Humble Bundle have currently got a bundle going on. I don't know if I can share a link on here, but you'll be able to find it on their site.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 18:41   #3715
Tombraider95

I don't know if this is 100% true but thought I'd share it:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/03/docto...uits-12337489/

I'm glad tbh. I was hoping all of the companions would leave at the end of Series 12 but if I had to choose one to stay it would be Yaz. She has more potential, I'm just hoping she is written better. Not fussed about Graham as I can only see him as Bradley Walsh and Ryan is a pretty dull character and isn't the best actor either.

Regarding the finale, I have mixed feelings. On one hand it was so much better than the series 11 finale but on the other hand I'm a bit worried about what the timeless child stuff actually means. It was all very confusing. I don't get how the policeman story fitted in either. So is Chibnal trying to say that The Doctor started out as a young black girl, before they officially became the 1st doctor? After the whole "you're burning the planet" and "all the plastic", it doesn't come across well. I'm confused.

The Master was great though, I love every scene he's in, the actor is great and he's probably my favourite character aside from Jack. I'm guessing Jack is gonna rescue the doctor from the prison and be back for the Christmas/New Year special. Looking forward to that.

Overall Series 12 has had it's ups and downs. Spyfall Part 1 had one of my favourite cliffhangers ever in Doctor Who, it had me shook. Unfortunately the series didn't live up to my expectations after the Spyfall episodes. Series 12 had one of the worst Doctor Who episodes ever (Orphan 55), peaked again at the Judoon episode, then mostly went downhill again until the finale.

Miles better than Series 11, but still has a lot of the same issues. The writers need replacing. I just really hope Jodie's (potentially) last season is her best with better actors, stories and writers.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 18:53   #3716
Rai

Yeah I saw that story about Bradley and Tosin potentially leaving the show. Tosin does have another show to go to, so it's not too much of a surprise. I wonder how they'll leave. Maybe one of their characters dies and the other decides they don't want to continue without them. It might be nice to see Yaz as the only companion for a little while, might give her a chance to shine.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 18:59   #3717
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Yeah I saw that story about Bradley and Tosin potentially leaving the show. Tosin does have another show to go to, so it's not too much of a surprise. I wonder how they'll leave. Maybe one of their characters dies and the other decides they don't want to continue without them. It might be nice to see Yaz as the only companion for a little while, might give her a chance to shine.
Hopefully. It's about time a companion died for real. Not half die and semi came back and fly off into space. Really the only companion in newwho who has died is Donna. Her as a companion died and can't come back. All the others could technically come back and have their memories still. They really need to have the guts to kill off a companion properly after a lot of character development because it would be tragic. RTD is the best at this. Torchwood and his latest show "Years and Years" has people die for real and it's sad.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 19:47   #3718
sackboy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I don't know if this is 100% true but thought I'd share it:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/03/docto...uits-12337489/

I'm glad tbh. I was hoping all of the companions would leave at the end of Series 12 but if I had to choose one to stay it would be Yaz. She has more potential, I'm just hoping she is written better. Not fussed about Graham as I can only see him as Bradley Walsh and Ryan is a pretty dull character and isn't the best actor either.

Regarding the finale, I have mixed feelings. On one hand it was so much better than the series 11 finale but on the other hand I'm a bit worried about what the timeless child stuff actually means. It was all very confusing. I don't get how the policeman story fitted in either. So is Chibnal trying to say that The Doctor started out as a young black girl, before they officially became the 1st doctor? After the whole "you're burning the planet" and "all the plastic", it doesn't come across well. I'm confused.

The Master was great though, I love every scene he's in, the actor is great and he's probably my favourite character aside from Jack. I'm guessing Jack is gonna rescue the doctor from the prison and be back for the Christmas/New Year special. Looking forward to that.

Overall Series 12 has had it's ups and downs. Spyfall Part 1 had one of my favourite cliffhangers ever in Doctor Who, it had me shook. Unfortunately the series didn't live up to my expectations after the Spyfall episodes. Series 12 had one of the worst Doctor Who episodes ever (Orphan 55), peaked again at the Judoon episode, then mostly went downhill again until the finale.

Miles better than Series 11, but still has a lot of the same issues. The writers need replacing. I just really hope Jodie's (potentially) last season is her best with better actors, stories and writers.
The Policeman story was the Perception filtered memory of the Timeless Child.
Old 04-03-20, 22:18   #3719
jajay119

They didn't get that across well. I only realised it was the case after reading a review.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 03:04   #3720
sackboy123

People say that but I caught it immediately since it's explained twice and then you see both flashbacks side by side