www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 17-04-20, 13:17   #1
aaronprole
Hobbyist

Default Tomb Raider costume levels

Hi all!

Can someone help me? I don't know how to play the original Tomb raider costume levels from TRLE.
Old 17-04-20, 13:27   #2
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronprole View Post
Hi all!

Can someone help me? I don't know how to play the original Tomb raider costume levels from TRLE.
Hello !
I suppose you meant "custom" instead of "costume" ?

What do you mean the original Tomb Raider ? A TRLE remake of TR1 ? Or do you mean those levels and TR4 demos featured with the software ?

By the way this site will always be a great reference and library of Tomb Raider custom levels.
http://trle.net/
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-20, 17:10   #3
aaronprole
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Hello !
I suppose you meant "custom" instead of "costume" ?

What do you mean the original Tomb Raider ? A TRLE remake of TR1 ? Or do you mean those levels and TR4 demos featured with the software ?

By the way this site will always be a great reference and library of Tomb Raider custom levels.
http://trle.net/
Yes I meant custom.

I mean the TRLE's. Like I downloaded one fan made TR1 from Trle and it didn't run
Old 17-04-20, 18:35   #4
Joey79100
Professor

You're gonna have to give more details if you want people to be able to help you.

What level is it?
What do you do to run it?
Is there an error message when you attempt to run it? What does it say?
Have you read the readme file if there is one? It probably has important information on how to run the game.

Recently, most, or maybe all (I haven't checked) levels running on the TR1 engine have been updated to use TombATI, which is an "improved" version of the TR1 engine that runs natively on newer systems (on Windows 10 64 bits for example). In this case you have to run tombati.exe, but this is mentioned in the readme (which is why it is important to read those files, they've been written to help people who run into issues).

If there is no tombati.exe, it's probably meant to run through Dosbox, a DOS emulator for running old games that do not run natively on newer systems (16 bit programs can run on 32 bit systems but not on 64 bit ones). There is a specific shortcut to run in this case, or maybe 2 (I think there is also a "glide" version, basically a better looking version but I don't remember managing to run it when I tried).

In any case, if you run tomb.exe directly, it will probably not work, just like TR1 itself, because it is the original executable created in 1996 as a 16 bit application, and as said above, 64 bit systems just can't run them natively.