www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 19-11-15, 02:18   #151
Sardoc
Archaeologist

You've changed the resolution in the .ini file, now you need to set it up ingame. You can only do it in the main menu, from what I've noticed (NOT in Lara's Home or any other level).

Try that and see what happens.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-15, 02:33   #152
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
You've changed the resolution in the .ini file, now you need to set it up ingame. You can only do it in the main menu, from what I've noticed (NOT in Lara's Home or any other level).

Try that and see what happens.
Had no idea that setting was there. Wow the game looks so beautiful now.

Though Vsync is buggy or something. I was playing at 1366x768 and every thirty seconds or so a distorted bit would move up the screen where the frames are trying to overlap.

Also is there a way to get the music/ambience running? The main menu is silent and the ambient tracks are missing from the levels.

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-11-15 at 02:35.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-15, 02:43   #153
Kirishima
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Also is there a way to get the music/ambience running? The main menu is silent and the ambient tracks are missing from the levels.
barracuda415 said to use a winmm wrapper to enable music. Just a warning, if you try to use the one that was shared for tomb raider 2, it seems to only accept wma and will crash on exit since this is not Tomb Raider 2. It seems the release version from this site (https://winmm.codeplex.com/releases/view/25712) doesn't work. If you have the cd, you want it in the lowest drive letter like d instead of e.

Anybody else have this issue at the end of atlantis where you cannot skip the natla cutscene after the fmv?

Last edited by Kirishima; 19-11-15 at 02:46.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-15, 08:13   #154
SLAYER
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Though Vsync is buggy or something. I was playing at 1366x768 and every thirty seconds or so a distorted bit would move up the screen where the frames are trying to overlap.
Try forcing Vsync and Opengl Triple buffering in your graphics card control panel. This fixed the frame rate issues for me.
Old 19-11-15, 12:34   #155
archfiend
Historian

Okay i fixed the resolution problem but i have still two more problems. First one is that i can't change the controls. And the most importantly i can't get the musics work. In the soundtrack part i changed it with true i have custom CD which has the braid mod inside. I also tried winmm but i didn't understand anything about it.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-15, 15:43   #156
AODfan
Archaeologist

Did anyone try Unfinished Business yet?
When I try to start a new game it just crashes
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-15, 18:18   #157
barracuda415
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
It seems the release version from this site (https://winmm.codeplex.com/releases/view/25712) doesn't work.
That's because it's a WinMM wrapper for the programming language C# and not a wrapper to play CD tracks from the hard drive. But I'll release a test build of my wrapper soon, which appears to work fine for the Tomb Raider 1+2 as well as some other games.
barracuda415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-15, 18:55   #158
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
Did anyone try Unfinished Business yet?
When I try to start a new game it just crashes
The dos version uses .TUB level files, but the windows version uses .PHD files. You can use Fexinspect tool to convert .tub into .phd.

It works best if you have TR1 and TUB windows versions in 2 separate folders. Both folders will need the Data and FMV folders, and obviously the files for the GLRage. If it still crashes, you might want to copy some of TR1's Data folder files into TRUB Data folder, though never entirely replace anything, ever.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-15, 15:30   #159
msulak
Hobbyist

I have both games in the same folder without any problem. I was not aware of Fexinspect, thanks for that.
msulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-15, 15:45   #160
AODfan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
The dos version uses .TUB level files, but the windows version uses .PHD files. You can use Fexinspect tool to convert .tub into .phd.

It works best if you have TR1 and TUB windows versions in 2 separate folders. Both folders will need the Data and FMV folders, and obviously the files for the GLRage. If it still crashes, you might want to copy some of TR1's Data folder files into TRUB Data folder, though never entirely replace anything, ever.
That worked
Another minor issue I found is that the wrong ambiance sounds play when you insert the TR1 disc (and none at all without it)
Could this be fixed maybe?
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote