www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 02-01-20, 03:14   #821
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
The hallway leaving the circle hallway in Maximum Containment Area that leads to an unusable door is quite interesting. If you use fly cheat you can see that the other side of the door is where the area after the sinkhole/water jump is.
You mean at the very beginning of the level? If so, I think that level was supposed to be one big level, without fading in black transition; just like the ghetto.
I did flew trough that door, and takes you to the end of the level practically...

Quote:
Anyone have a theory about what's behind the door that's "jammed" in biodome?
I always thought it's a decoration, but given those lockers, maybe a locker room or a decontamination area?
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 00:18   #822
Samz
Relic Hunter

Gunderson's mercenaries will follow Lara with their heads even when KO'd with the Dart gun.

If you hit one with a dart before they can get alerted (and sometimes even then.) they'll just stand still when they get up, even if they're a patroller they'll stop patrolling and stand still.

Also turns out the K2 Impactor still works on the Mercenaries (and their research area counterparts.) in the second half, I thought only the dart gun worked initally.

Holstered weapons seem to always use the lowest possible texture, not effected by the texture settings. (They change when actively equipped.)

It's actually possible to kill the guard in Containment area with the fact Kurtis slides foward a bit while crouching while moving and having his gun drawn, an invisble wall prevents you going further though.

Boaz in her second form actually has her model change to be more bloodied when you hurt her, which I don't think happens for anyone anywhere else. (so perhaps Boaz was one of the closest to finished bosses?) oh and part of her brain becomes visible as bits of her skull gets blown off.

Last edited by Samz; 14-01-20 at 12:13.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 05:46   #823
Girafarig32
Professor

At the end of bio research facility, there's a water passage to the optional locker room. If you're low on health and jump into the water, Lara will die a ragdoll death. This isn't due to the poisonous gas either, as you can have enough health for the gas not to kill her alone and still die.
Old 23-01-20, 13:34   #824
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Gunderson's mercenaries will follow Lara with their heads even when KO'd with the Dart gun.

If you hit one with a dart before they can get alerted (and sometimes even then.) they'll just stand still when they get up, even if they're a patroller they'll stop patrolling and stand still.
This applies to the biodome guards too. (the one where Boaz gets eaten)

Quote:
Also turns out the K2 Impactor still works on the Mercenaries (and their research area counterparts.) in the second half, I thought only the dart gun worked initally.
It works (very rarely) on dogs too, if it worked, then the dog will freeze in mid animation. (Lara will still be able to aim at it, so it can be killed with a different weapon)

Quote:
It's actually possible to kill the guard in Containment area with the fact Kurtis slides foward a bit while crouching while moving and having his gun drawn, an invisble wall prevents you going further though.
I think that guard might be bugged: Sometimes when I enter that area, I immidiatelly pull the gun out and Kurtis will aim at him. And he can die.
Sometimes I have to crouch, still Kurtis will be able to kill him.
Also, if you approach that guard from the other side, he will stand up, but he will be unable to move, but able to shoot.

Quote:
Boaz in her second form actually has her model change to be more bloodied when you hurt her
for me her clothes were always bloody when she left the pod; and never changed during the fight. Did you play on PC?

Quote:
(so perhaps Boaz was one of the closest to finished bosses?)
I was thinking that too. But given that her second form has a disabled attack, I doubt any of the bosses are fully finished.

Last edited by Zsott; 23-01-20 at 13:35.
Old 23-01-20, 13:35   #825
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist

I surely hope boaz wasnt their idea of a finished boss
Old 23-01-20, 13:37   #826
Zsott
Archaeologist

Karel says hello. Literally the worst boss in the entire franchise, lol.
Old 23-01-20, 14:06   #827
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Karel says hello. Literally the worst boss in the entire franchise, lol.
Yeah I don't think Boaz was quite...finished...just closer to one than Brother Obscura, Karel and Eckhardt.

I could swear her outfit gets more bloody the first few shots you get on her once she enters her second form, I know her skull starts to get broken off. (which I never noticed til' now and goes on the list of "Things that ment the ESRB probably shouldn't have rated the game 12 plus even though young me is thankful for it so I got to play it."

EDIT: The Mag Vega ammo in the room with the unmasked Guards in the Strahov fortress respawns if you run out of Mag Vega ammo, this means you won't get stuck.

This means the only bit where you can get stuck without ammo is The start of Aquatic Research Facility. (Technically the turrets can cause the explosion that kills them but I don't see how you can do that without getting Lara killed in the progress.)

Last edited by Samz; 23-01-20 at 19:05.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote