www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 17-01-20, 16:51   #151
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Iím afraid youíre wrong. Thereís more of a demand for classic Lara Croft than there is reboot Lara. Classic Lara is all the GP ever mentions most of the time the topic of Lara Croft is brought up.
I am not seeing it. Where are they? Do you have a statistic ? How many had sign the petition in bringing classic Lara back. If the general public would have loved classic so much they would have already found about the petition and would have sign it by thousands.
Where is this massive demand for classic Lara? Show it to me.
Old 17-01-20, 16:59   #152
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
You are confusing the general audience of 1996 -1997 with the general audience of 2019-2020.Not the same thing I am afraid.
I am not, I'm talking about character appeal. From my point of view, classic Lara has much more appeal, especially to the masses. Also, I don't see the difference between audiences. People are people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
If the general public doesn't care which version of Lara they are playing, then why not have classic Lara?
That way fans will be pleased and CD won't lose their beloved millions
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
I am not seeing it. Where are they? Do you have a statistic ? How many had sign the petition in bringing classic Lara back. If the general public would have loved classic so much they would have already found about the petition and would have sign it by thousands.
Where is this massive demand for classic Lara? Show it to me.
They don't know about this petition. I agree most wouldn't care either way but from what I can see the ones that care, most of them would prefer classic Lara if they had to choose one. I bet outside these forums you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would prefer reboot Lara over classic Lara. Other than some people here and SJW-ish people, few would defend reboot Lara all that much. What I mean is, most of the people who do care about what Lara is in their game, would prefer classic over reboot. Which means they'd prefer reboot Lara to be more classic traits too.

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 17-01-20 at 17:04. Reason: italicize words
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 17:00   #153
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Iím afraid youíre wrong. Thereís more of a demand for classic Lara Croft than there is reboot Lara. Classic Lara is all the GP ever mentions most of the time the topic of Lara Croft is brought up.
Exept the GP doesn't even know the difference. Puting Lara in shorts and duals is classic Lara to them. They don't even know Classic and LAU Lara are different Laras.
Old 17-01-20, 17:12   #154
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Exept the GP doesn't even know the difference. Puting Lara in shorts and duals is classic Lara to them. They don't even know Classic and LAU Lara are different Laras.
That is it, and even in this very fandom there are people who literally go "Put shorts and pistols on reboot lara and im okay".

Using the GP is in general a bad idea because it is not consistent in this fandom.
One day they are the friends of the fandom because they "recognize" classic lara more, then the next they are the bad guys because for them this "Bland and boring" reboot lara has been made, then they are the friends again, just for the next day be the bad guys because for them the games have to be dumbed down.

Using the GP is just a wonky game that swings both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
If the general public doesn't care which version of Lara they are playing, then why not have classic Lara?
That way fans will be pleased and CD won't lose their beloved millions
Because there was no statistic in this world that told them that they would make millions with classic lara...that this old and outdated character would get them anything what they were looking for...they had data that showed them that it wouldnt get them what they wanted.
And so they risked something, pleased and gained new fans...made millions and revitalized the brand name.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 17:17   #155
lance6439
Legend

Really don’t have the energy but from an unbiased point of view it’s pretty much a well known fact that overall Classic Lara is preferred among the people of the general public. Among gamers, movie watchers, comic book readers, all that. I wouldn’t mind conducting a sorta little study and then posting the results on here but I know it’ll end up with the strictly reboot fans getting all up in their feelings. When the reboot games launched, everyone wanted classic Lara. When the reboot movie was out, everyone wanted classic Lara. You have these super popular rappers on Instagram playing reboot and...wanting classic Lara. Video reviews for shadow? They’re asking where the classic Lara Croft traits are.

Quote:
And that’s something they need to solve on their own. We know that Lara from 1996-2008 is more in demand than reboot

Last edited by lance6439; 17-01-20 at 17:19.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 17:47   #156
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Really don’t have the energy but from an unbiased point of view it’s pretty much a well known fact that overall Classic Lara is preferred among the people of the general public. Among gamers, movie watchers, comic book readers, all that. I wouldn’t mind conducting a sorta little study and then posting the results on here but I know it’ll end up with the strictly reboot fans getting all up in their feelings. When the reboot games launched, everyone wanted classic Lara. When the reboot movie was out, everyone wanted classic Lara. You have these super popular rappers on Instagram playing reboot and...wanting classic Lara. Video reviews for shadow? They’re asking where the classic Lara Croft traits are.

And that’s something they need to solve on their own. We know that Lara from 1996-2008 is more in demand than reboot
I don't think that's true at all tbh. If anything the fact that the franchise succeeded the way it did with TR2013 despite not having Classic Lara says way more. Most people still think Reboot Lara is a younger version of CLara. People think LAU Lara and Classic Lara are the same. I only see hardcore fans wanting Classic Lara back. The GP couldn't care less. Go outside, read comments, visit Twitter, Reddit, YouTube and see how many of them are talking about Classic Lara. And that's ok. Most gamers these days have 0 connection to the classic character. They never grew up playing the games and, honestly, I see more and more people calling LAU, Classic TR which is kind of weird to me.

The thing that I see the most is people wanting is a more badass attitude and a Lara with a more recognizable iconography. (That's when they are not yelling "need more boobs") And I agree with that sentiment. That's what I want for the future and I think that's what we'll get. It's the only way for the character to keep evolving and being recognizable). But yeah, put Reboot Lara in shorts with duals and people automatically tell you that she's Classic Lara Croft. Just see what happened with the latest Kotaku figure. It was categorized as Classic even though it was Temple of Osiris Lara.

It's the same thing with Spider-Man. Most fans hate MCU Spidey because it's not true to the character. But the GP loves that version. Recognize the character and the outfit. Hardcore fans will tell you that the Spidey suit is completely wrong and that Peter Parker is nothing like the OG character.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 17:52   #157
Calvolt
Hobbyist

We all should remember our opinions are shaped by our environments and emotions. This forums have a lot people who support the classical Lara Croft, thus when surfing here it feels like Reboot is a trash game with a crybaby main character, going anywhere else (let it be discord, reddit or twitter), the amount of people who wish for the classical Lara Croft is extremely minimal when compared to these forums (I sometimes even think they are the same people ). The games popularity in the recent times is an example to that, even with the current competition that it has to face. Classic Lara Croft is what it is, a Classic, people will always have nostalgic bounds to that character.

As I have mentioned before in these forums, I'm totally in with giving the reboot Lara Croft features like duals and shorts, but that's it really. I'd like the current Lara Croft to grow into her own character, not to become the Lara Croft from 1996 entirely.
Calvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 17:59   #158
lance6439
Legend

Iím just going to say that people want 96-08 Lara back as opposed to more reboot Lara and thatís it. Nothing to really be in-depth about
Old 17-01-20, 18:13   #159
BlueCake
Hobbyist

Quote:
They are basically the same, it's just that her classic personality is overshadowed by all the mother and dad drama.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 18:20   #160
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
They are basically the same, it's just that her classic personality is overshadowed by all the mother and dad drama.
No, they are not the same.

LAU Lara has an actual multi layered personality, and isn't afraid to show it, and IMO she is a much likeable character than Classic Lara.

--

And again, let's just be honest here. All the GP would care about at all in terms to Lara, it would be her wearing shorts and being sexy. Not much beyond that. Their criticism is more focused towards the actual games

Last edited by Vaskito; 17-01-20 at 18:22.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote