Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 16-01-20, 10:37   #141
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
survivor lara:

- slayed an ancient goddess
slayed? This is exaggeration, don't you think? A torch pushed into a decomposing body isn't exactly slaying.
Even in the comics it was very...anticlimactic when she was forced to look into the mirror.
Quote:
- fought against a god
What god? Do you mean Amaru? He was a demigod at best. A goddess had died, by the hands of Chak Chel. That goddess was Lara, after the power of the box completely transferred into her. (hence why, she had the possibility to say goodbye to the mirage of her family.)

Last edited by Zsott; 16-01-20 at 10:39.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 10:49   #142
SnatchingEdges
Historian

Survivor Lara did some cool, heroic stuff. My main problem with her it's the personality's developement and her blandness.

I don't think not showing emotion is a good thing for a character nowadays unless it's a random avatar though.

This reminds me of one of my fav quotes, when Lara tells Zip she's gonna find Thor's hammer and kill a god in Underworld. Lara godslayer, Kratos who?
Old 16-01-20, 11:05   #143
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Survivor Lara did some cool
There's no denying that.
I mean, the Onis, Stormguards, Yaaxil are dangerous creatures; Yet all of these are humanoid so they are not that threatening, like a harpy way below ground in Alexandria, or a swarm of scarabs near Horu's pyramid, or guardian statues become animated and attacking you in cleopatra's palace.

Reboot suffers from lack of diversity.

We had: wolves in all three games, big cats in two games, humanoid (supernatural) enemies in all three games, normal human enemies in all three games, bears in one game. The very same problem, that Legend suffered from.
The developers definitely should up their game on enemies.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 11:13   #144
SnatchingEdges
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
There's no denying that.
I mean, the Onis, Stormguards, Yaaxil are dangerous creatures; Yet all of these are humanoid so they are not that threatening, like a harpy way below ground in Alexandria, or a swarm of scarabs near Horu's pyramid, or guardian statues become animated and attacking you in cleopatra's palace.

Reboot suffers from lack of diversity.

We had: wolves in all three games, big cats in two games, humanoid (supernatural) enemies in all three games, normal human enemies in all three games, bears in one game. The very same problem, that Legend suffered from.
The developers definitely should up their game on enemies.
omg not the TLA scarabs. I'm getting flashbacks from Vietnam