Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 23-03-19, 07:22   #111
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
And that's perfectly fine, whatever you think it's right. Just don't expect the reality to bend to your will. It probably won't happen.

Companies are legally protected for this kind of thing. They always had the last word on the content released. They remain in their right, even if it displeases you. At best we can expect some patches for the few studios who will have afterthoughts within a certain limit, but to assume you'll change things by boycotting or posting on TRF telling people they must be mad is a bit naive. Sorry.
If people actually believed in the things they say they do then they most certainly would.

This isn't about reality bending to my will, this is about Sony trying to take control and dictate what I choose to consume without any ****s given about what I want and what I believe is best for me.

People should always support companies that are consumer friendly and not companies who thrive on power and control, companies who have the audacity to try and play moral police.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 07:38   #112
Isaac

No company is ever entirely consumer friendly. Don’t get me started on that. They’re all businesses.

And it’s not much about moral policing than having a set of rules. For all we know DMC5 might be an overreaction from Capcom in answer to policies. Let’s not forget that company avoided hiring certain actors because they went union.

People will always value different things in the end and playing Sony’s first party titles often outweighs any ethical battles about nudity.

Last edited by Isaac; 23-03-19 at 07:45.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 07:44   #113
charmedangelin

Quote:
No company is ever entirely consumer friendly. Don’t get me started on that. They’re all businesses.

And it’s not much about moral policing than having a set of rules. For all we know DMC5 might be an overreaction from Capcom in answer to policies. Let’s not forget that company avoided hiring certain actors because they went union.

People will always value different things in the end and playing Sony’s first party titles often outweighs any ethical battles.
Until they can't ignore the ethical.
Old 23-03-19, 07:46   #114
Isaac

Well until we’re talking about censorship of minorities in a game (like changing the gender, skin color or sexual orientation of a character) don’t expect people (nor me in fact) to follow your vendetta. But we both know most major studios won’t go there, including Sony.
Old 23-03-19, 08:10   #115
charmedangelin

Quote:
Well until we’re talking about censorship of minorities in a game (like changing the gender, skin color or sexual orientation of a character) don’t expect people (nor me in fact) to follow your vendetta. But we both know most major studios won’t go there, including Sony.
Umm....what?

Censorship of minorities?

Oh Lawd, Jesus I need your strength.
Old 23-03-19, 08:45   #116
Mani_Man

Isaac is right charmed, i know that really upsets you but his points are well and correct.

You on the other hand somehow try to paint a narrative that you can not live without sony and therefore they need to please you...but they dont.
They are a company who offer services and are free to change and use them how they see fit.
Just like you are free to not purchase their services.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 01:28   #117
charmedangelin

So to all you "pleasant folks" who said nobody cares and that posting about it doesn't matter need to wake the **** up.

That's what I'm talking about, you got a problem, rise and use your ****en voice before someone comes and tries to do something to you.

Sony removed the censorship in DMC 5.

http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/devi...rship-america/
Old 05-04-19, 01:58   #118
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Sony removed the censorship in DMC 5.
OMG! I can now buy the game then!!!

Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 04:55   #119
Isaac

Of course you had to be snarky about it. You wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
So to all you "pleasant folks" who said nobody cares and that posting about it doesn't matter need to wake the **** up.
[Citation needed]

You got it all wrong.

First, I simply meant that generally, for people to outrage as much as you wanted it to be, it needs to directly target social issues. And this is still true. AC:Odyssey's forced sexual orientation made way more noise than DMC5 as far as I could tell and that's jut one example. Sexual harassment, work conditions in the industry, the gamergate, discrimination, etc. These things are naturally always more vocal.

Secondly, I'm all for people to voice their concerns, their dislikes and all. But players don't have the end of the stick here, studios do. You can voice your discontent so much before it become redundant, repetitive and pointless. See the outfit restriction thread: how many time have we repeated the same things? What new argument have we brought to the table in the last month that haven't been said already? People do what they want but the reality is what it is.

And third, encouraging people to riot and rally randoms to your cause is usually ineffective, especially the way you did it. You posted on TRF and almost ordered us to be as mad as you and to boycott Sony from a high moral grounds like if it was the doomsday or something ("Sony is cancer"). You hardly brought any evidence, datas or anything, just mere frustrations and assumptions. Hardly a way to make a meaningful point.

And as far as I'm aware, sexual animes are still censored and whatever policies there are, they're still in place. I've stressed long enough we didn't know the circumstances around DMC5's specific case, how it was handled, how it entered in contradiction with other games (RDR2), that it could have been Capcom's fault, Sony's, or just a miscommunication somewhere. In other words, that DMC5 was a particular situation that got resolved.

Games will still be censored in certain capacity.

Last edited by Isaac; 05-04-19 at 05:36.
Old 05-04-19, 05:44   #120
charmedangelin

Quote:
Of course you had to be snarky about it. You wouldn't have it any other way.
I had to, even now it's still clear from the rest of your response that you still don't get it. This hasn't won the war, but it is a battle that was won. As I said you may not consider it an important issue because several here seem to lack the ability to see the forest from the trees, but it is an important issue and any victory should be celebrated.

It shows that we the people still have the power no matter how much the corps want to have it all.

So while you can go on an believe or not or care or not, it is a thing that is important and an issue that is a growing problem in our society.

Anime will continue to be censored as long as Sony has it's fists clenched tightly onto the market. But if people voice their outrage over it we can get our anime back to the way it was without Sony's disgusting interference.

It matters and change is possible.