www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 14-03-20, 06:18   #191
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Emulators are legal, however, downloading the files for the games off the internet is considered piracy.
Old 18-04-20, 11:22   #192
UroshUchiha
Student

I was playing a bit with Xenia today after a very long time and I managed to include the DLCs, install the Title Updates and so far the DLCs are bootable. Of course it still crashes/freezes as soon as I try to move around and the graphics aren't being loaded at all.
Not sure if there's an option in the emulator that could fix the graphics but they look like this on Direct3D 12 and ROV 2x. Trying to use Vulkan outright breaks my graphic drivers and I have to restart the PC to fix it.
I remember in the past it was required to use Protect Zero set to false but from what I can see that is no longer required.

https://imgur.com/a/V4QNuR9

EDIT: Protection Zero set to false is required for the Canary build from what I can see. Also Canary build didn't want to work with the patched .xex I used in the Master build, but it did work when I replaced it with the unpatched one (still had the unextracted Title Update in Xenia's content folder though so maybe that's why it worked?) Canary does a bit better with the graphic rendering for me, but not by much.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 18-04-20 at 12:00.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 12:53   #193
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Emulators are legal, however, downloading the files for the games off the internet is considered piracy.
Not if you own the game. Some games are just not easily transferable to PC without specific hardware, so for this reason downloading is okay as long as you own the game already.
Old 18-04-20, 21:14   #194
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Not if you own the game. Some games are just not easily transferable to PC without specific hardware, so for this reason downloading is okay as long as you own the game already.
I agree with what you're saying but actually, copying files from an X360 to a USB card is pretty easy. My console is literally original and it let me copy both DLCs without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I was playing a bit with Xenia today after a very long time and I managed to include the DLCs, install the Title Updates and so far the DLCs are bootable. Of course it still crashes/freezes as soon as I try to move around and the graphics aren't being loaded at all.
Not sure if there's an option in the emulator that could fix the graphics but they look like this on Direct3D 12 and ROV 2x. Trying to use Vulkan outright breaks my graphic drivers and I have to restart the PC to fix it.
I remember in the past it was required to use Protect Zero set to false but from what I can see that is no longer required.

https://imgur.com/a/V4QNuR9

EDIT: Protection Zero set to false is required for the Canary build from what I can see. Also Canary build didn't want to work with the patched .xex I used in the Master build, but it did work when I replaced it with the unpatched one (still had the unextracted Title Update in Xenia's content folder though so maybe that's why it worked?) Canary does a bit better with the graphic rendering for me, but not by much.
Maybe it broke in newer commits? I had no issues with graphics back when I tried it.

EDIT: i see you're using upscaling 2x, upscaling breaks it. Turn it off.

Last edited by GFY2013; 18-04-20 at 21:20.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 23:52   #195
JOHN30011887
Student

Im just glad i got the dlc's to work but for now this aint playable so iv put it aside for now till the emulator matures more

I get less than a min then audio buzzes realy loud then crashes, reminds me of the old days of a blue screen crash sound lol