Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 12-12-18, 16:19   #421
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
I mean other than just being unlawful to use a brand to sell your product that doesn't belong to you, Square literally also state:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square Enix Material Usage Policy View Post
No Commercial Use: We don’t permit our materials to be used to make money or to gain any other financial benefit. That means you can’t sell our game content as if it were your own, and you can’t use it to help sell other products or services.

Square's position is illegal, but no one is going on legal battle against them, so i guess this settles the matter

We won't have the chance to pay $1 for Giovanni his remastering, but maybe later square-enix will give us the opportunity to pay $5 or more for a half baked one
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 17:22   #422
JoelCaesar

Such a shame about this project! Oh well.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 17:30   #423
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
You guys are missing the point of the Patreon campaign. He said that with enough donations he could possibly work on this full time, meaning that the final product would be out quicker. He never stated that people have to donate for him to finish the project, he just wanted support for it to be out quicker. No campaign = slower dev time, enough patrons = quicker dev time. Why is that hard for people to see?
Exactly.

This project would still be going if some people would have held their tongue. Yet they seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against the Patreon idea. As far as I understood he wasn't forcing you to pay for anything yet of course a drama has to be made out of nothing.

If I was GiovanniLucca, I'd probably stop the project too if a load of people were implying and making assumptions against me. Why bother making effort for other people to react like this? Shame.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 20:23   #424
OverRaider

Too bad, I wanted to see how London levels would have looked like
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 20:45   #425
Caesum

Shame about the project being cancelled, but this whole martyrdom, making oneself a victim and pointing fingers at others leaves a bad aftertaste too.

Last edited by Caesum; 12-12-18 at 20:47.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 19:27   #426
GiovanniLucca

Default Note about the project

Note about the project:

The last days was not easy to me as an artist. After I launched a Patreon Campaign to be able to work on the project full time. I've received a lot of comments from people that are against this. Everyone has your opinion, and we must respect. But besides the people's opinnions, I've been receiving also some offensive messages (not just in this forum, but also in facebook). Some said that I'm a opportinist to consider asking for donations to be abble to work on this project. Others said that what I'm doing is illegal and I should suffer the consequences...

All this leted me so unmotivated, unhappy and confused. I have been working on this for passion... to this game, to my work, to the good feedback that I was receiving. I was exited with the project. I was working everyday, more than eight hours, for fun, for passion... And since then I was receiving some love and apreciation from the Tomb Raider community.

All this let me to believe that I could create a Patreon Campain to do more... To do all the game. To finish the Tomb Raider 3 HD Remaster, and perhaps work on a next Tomb Raider Remaster. We all know that nowadays time is precious. So I was not thinking in get advantage of the fans... I was thinking in receiving something back, something that could provide me ways to continue doing what I was doing.

There are many artists out there that use Patreon to sustain your art. There's a lot of passionate people who try to find ways to live doing what they love to do... I was thinking that I could be one of them... All this situation let me so angry that I cancelled everything. The Patreon Campain, the project...

But I miss doing it, and I want so badly to see this finished... Play the game with HD graphics! Enjoy a little more of this franchiese that makes me so happy. So, even without a crowdfunding campain. I'll continue to work on this. I want to see this finished and if I don't do it, Square Enix will never do... And for those who want to help me in any way, on the project's site there's a Pay Pal donation buttom. I'm tring contact with Square Enix to see what I can do legally speaking... They are aware of the project, and I'm just waiting for a official response from them.

In the mean time, I'm working on the India Levels (Jungle is looking amazing in HD).

Thank you for all the kind private messages that I also received. You are awesome! If I had not received so many good messages I believe that I would not have the strenght and motivation to be back with this project! So, Thank You!

Last edited by GiovanniLucca; 13-12-18 at 19:58.
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 19:54   #427
laracroftswest

I'm happy to hear you're back to working on this. So excited to see more
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 20:21   #428
OverRaider

And don't ever get discouraged again...
And it seems that in the end I will see the London levels someday hopefully...
Good luck
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 21:07   #429
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Smile

Good luck with your project Giovanni.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 21:16   #430
NoahCrofRaider

I'm happy to hear you're continuing this. Best wishes for your project.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote