Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 13-02-20, 11:46   #1
Kyle K.

Question Glide and ATI for TR1 TRLE Levels

Hello Raiders

I've been toying with the idea of developing a TR1 Level, however the whole Glide and ATI thing is confusing to me. Is somebody able to explain to me how to convert your TR1 files so that way they are compatible with the Glide and/or ATI features?

I've noticed that all of the TR1 games on TRLE.NET (even the really old ones) are all in Glide and ATI now, so submitting my game the old-fashioned way (which required you to store the game's on your C: Drive and then launch them using DosBox) is sort of out of the question (and I know that method doesn't have near as good graphics quality and doesn't include the game's soundtrack.)

I've tried contacting the TRLE Admin, however he said he was unsure how to do it as somebody years ago did it for him for all the levels.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help
Kyle K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 11:34   #2
Feder

Hi Kyle

Well, for starters, TR1 levels have the .phd format. When you build a level with DXtre3d you have to use that format (for example: "level1.phd"). Then you'll need to download a TR1 level from trle.net, so you get the game folder with all its ingredients. After that, all you have to do is replace the "level1.phd" from the data folder with your own level and that's it! Your level is ready to play

Now, Glide works fine on every windows appart from windows 10 sadly (or at least I couldn't make it work on my PC). So to run your game on windows 10, you should use the ATI version.
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 19:49   #3
Locke217

^I asked this in my speedrun thread but this seems like a better place for it.

I've been having a problem where the ATI version of your TR1 level doesn't let me customize the controls. This has forced me to use the Glide version, which does seem to run for me on windows 10 surprisingly, just not as well as ATI. I'd love to use ATI but I'm highly reliant on custom key bindings, so I was wondering if you had ever encountered or heard of this type of issue.
Locke217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-20, 06:21   #4
Kyle K.

Question Re: + New Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke217 View Post
^I asked this in my speedrun thread but this seems like a better place for it.

I've been having a problem where the ATI version of your TR1 level doesn't let me customize the controls. This has forced me to use the Glide version, which does seem to run for me on windows 10 surprisingly, just not as well as ATI. I'd love to use ATI but I'm highly reliant on custom key bindings, so I was wondering if you had ever encountered or heard of this type of issue.
Yeah, I've noticed that too... Although now I'm also noticing my own issue with ATI. It launches, but the screen is completely centered to the right and half of it is cut off because of that. There isn't any "Screen Adjust" option like there is in the PS1/Saturn versions of the game, and there doesn't appear to be anything that can be changed to fix this glrage file (unless I'm missing it?) so I'm at a loss here .

Also, I am running Windows 10 and am able to get the Glide working, although slight problem, it displays weird wireframe boxes around each of the objects, which is a bit annoying. The only one that truly works with no issues for me is the DOS Basic w/o Glide. At least it's playable and has the soundtrack, although the graphical quality isn't the best...

Anybody know a fix for these issues? (I more or less want to try and fix the ATI one if possible...)
Old 22-02-20, 08:37   #5
Kyle K.

Question ATI Version Offset?

Sorry for the double-post...

I'm experiencing this issue with the ATI Version on every single TR1 TRLE game I've tried. (Picture below for reference.) Does anybody know a fix for this? I really would like to use the ATI Version if possible...

In case the image isn't showing, here's the URL to it: https://prntscr.com/r61h2a

Thanks