Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: What is your overall opinion of Shadow?
I like it. 115 47.52%
I mostly like it. 89 36.78%
I mostly dislike it. 27 11.16%
I dislike it. 11 4.55%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-19, 10:18   #151
Tomb Raidering

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
She actually gave a lot of money to Cozumel to rebuild it. But since you're not competent enough to research first before making claims.
Ofc you were being sarcastic, you like Shadow...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 22:11   #152
mandylane

i think its better than rise

just if i was a dev id change her laras face, remove outfit restriction

make the jungle and sea clif levels longer.

longer game, longer hours to play

a little bit better ending with not 1 boss but 3

also graphically it is epic already it just needs that LONGER GAMEPLAY STORY.

ok?
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-19, 20:05   #153
Marylin

I like SOTTR a lot, the first half of the game (before Paititi) was amazing. But the story looks too stupid and non-logical for me, characters are boring and Lara, let's say, is dissapointing as a person. She doesn't look pretty for me and her split personality doesn't inspire me at all. It seems she doesn't have fun during her adventures, in fact it looks like she doesn't care much about anything but her daddy. On the other hand, the game is totally beautiful, the landcapes are stunning, the tombs are impressive and it's just very fun to be there (and yes, I keep playing it over and over ) The music is so cool!
The game could be perfect for me with these changes:
Badass classic Lara is back
NO tribal outfits.
More survival and exploring, tombs are NOT optional
Usefull skills, crafting is hard and rewarding
Interesting characters (especially Rourke!!!!)
Stop repeting the same "story" for the third time. We need a good story. And please, add some humor, I can't stand the whining anymore.
Again, just an opinion.

Last edited by Marylin; 16-09-19 at 21:51.
Marylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 14:17   #154
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylin View Post
And please, add some humor, I can't stand the whining anymore.
Me personally, I'd rather have no humor at all (if not some sassy here and there) than more of the humor™ brought to us by Uncharted and Marvel, which still seems to be the cool thing to do for some reason.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 14:47   #155
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Me personally, I'd rather have no humor at all (if not some sassy here and there) than more of the humor™ brought to us by Uncharted and Marvel, which still seems to be the cool thing to do for some reason.
I agree.
The titles can be more light hearted and take themselves less seriously without the need of forced attenpts at humor.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 03:40   #156
mandylane

paititi is a bit boring.

but i think this game is better than rise. too much combat in rise.
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 15:09   #157
Ms.LaraCroft

I love the game. I think it's outstanding.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 23:26   #158
Lyle Croft

Mostly like it.

Left a sour taste because i started on DO mode, and still haven't finished the DLCs and touched the game in months.

But other than that, it's a great game. It seems to lack more polish graphically; however, it is more consistent than Rise in terms of some areas looking crap and others looking amazing.

The gameplay can be a bit buggy. The combat...seemed decent, my only concern is the lack of basecamps and/or saving even on DO mode. Rise had decently spaced base camps so it wasn't *too* bad if you died. Plus combat didn't seem as evenly spaced out...and we had all these skill trees for combat. There's a lack of respawning enemies.

The traversal can be buggy at times honestly. Maybe it has been updated since then, but sometimes Lara would freeze and I would have to restart the whole section (looking at you cenote and the pillar) because she lost control. :/

Other times, Lara is at the edge between the the climbable surface + non and she can't move or else she would die.

Another issue is the storyline which is eh. And the fact the outfit restriction is present, what is the point of the outfits if paitit is at least almost half of the game? And lara's characterization

----
Other than that I love the puzzles and ability to remove white paint. Puzzles aren't too hard, but somewhat challenging *such as the light puzzle which took a bit of time when trying to figure out the instructions)*
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 03:30   #159
Sayonel

I mostly liked it. This is a small sum up.

Positives: I enjoyed the game play for the most part, I loved that you could cover yourself in mud for stealth (I really liked killing enemies while in stealth), and the jungle environment was beautiful.

Negatives: Paititi, Just Paititi; I'll give a little more detail here in a min. Story was atrocious and poorly handled. Outfit restriction is a nuisance.

Paititi: I disliked Paititi. It was beautiful and interesting in the beginning, but it quickly became boring. There was so much missed opportunity with the world ending and having it reflected on Paititi in some way. There could have been landslides , earthquakes that split the city in sections while parts of it feel into the cracks in the earth, volcano lava burning a chunk of the city, just... SOMETHING! They seemed completely oblivious and safe. Took away from the gravity of the situation.

I could honestly go on and on, but i'll keep it somewhat short.

Last edited by Sayonel; 19-09-19 at 03:35.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 04:07   #160
Cozumel

I feel like the first few hours of shadow were one of the strongest set pieces of the recent trilogy, however it all seemed to fall apart after Paititi.

It slowed the momentum of the story, and added in too many plot twists such as Trinity always being in control of the city etc.

Even reducing the graphics from ROTR for the city was a big mistake
Cozumel is offline   Reply With Quote