Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 03-04-20, 21:26   #1
Greenapple968

Question Can someone explain how this glitch works?

https://youtu.be/M-7OoXo6qmE?t=618

The above link should take you to a speedrun for TR2. The link should take you about 10 minutes into the video where the person spends a few moments focusing on their positioning and they then do a glitch which appears to send them into the ground and enables them to get through a door without needing to open it with the necessary item. I've seen this glitch in action a few times but haven't attempted it myself. Does anybody know how the glitch works? Do you simply do the necessary preparations and then end up getting sent into the ground? Does this glitch work on all versions of TR2? PC, PS, etc?

The reason why I'm particularly interested in this glitch is because it enables you to complete Offshore Rig with just one kill, meaning that TR2 can now be done with a minimum of 22 kills, as opposed to 23.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 21:59   #2
laravision

Tomb Raider speedrunning has developed quite thoroughly during your absence. There is an active community on Discord and live runs on Twitch.

Anyway, that glitch, known as the QWOP, has become a key glitch in speedruns these last couple of years. The following video explains the origins and mechanics.

laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 13:15   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Tomb Raider speedrunning has developed quite thoroughly during your absence. There is an active community on Discord and live runs on Twitch.

Anyway, that glitch, known as the QWOP, has become a key glitch in speedruns these last couple of years. The following video explains the origins and mechanics.

Why does all the good stuff happen during my absence?

That video looks like it could be very helpful with teaching me how to do this glitch. Annoyingly, the volume isn't very good on the computer that I'm using, and so I'm not able to hear the commentary very well. However, when I'm back a home I'll be sure to watch that video closely. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Out of interest, do you think this glitch could enable you to glitch through the door in TR1's Atlantis level, enabling you to obtain the two unreachable large healthpacks? I'm talking about the door that can't be opened which is denying you access to the unreachable healthpacks. Do you think it might be possible to use this glitch to get through that door? If it can be done, then there would also be the issue of getting back out.
Old 08-04-20, 03:12   #4
akci

^
I don't think so because of the invisible block behind the door, and the door is right between the two rooms. If I understand correctly, this glitch doesn't work in those circumstances.
akci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 08:34   #5
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by akci View Post
^
I don't think so because of the invisible block behind the door, and the door is right between the two rooms. If I understand correctly, this glitch doesn't work in those circumstances.
Correct, if the door is between two rooms, it can't be skipped.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 10:49   #6
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by akci View Post
^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Correct, if the door is between two rooms, it can't be skipped.
That's the end of that idea then.
Old 29-01-23, 09:09   #7
xtimz

HELP! What does the video say from 52s to 56s?
I can hear the rest of it. The following is what I heard around 52s to 56s.
Quote:
Qwop happens when Lara lands on the floor when she's rising during a jump.
Jumping at a step or a low ceiling simulates that.
When you jump, you can see ... a little bit, indicating that she's landed while she's still rising.
The game doesn't acknowlege that you've landed during a rise and keeps trying to get you to land.
The game thinks you're still falling.
The '...' indicates the part I can't hear. Thank you very much.

BTW: I posted the question in the original thread, but it's in an irrelevant forum focus on "Fan Artworks". So please allow me to post again in this forum.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote