Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 10-01-23, 02:29   #1
HaniHeger

Default Accepting animation requests

I wanted to test how smooth my workflow would be in 3D animation, but since none of my projects are needing new animation for now, I would like to contribute to anyone who needs it.

So because of that, I will be briefly accepting requests, I can deal with more complex stuff, except something like Lara underwater. Objects animation are welcome too. But I won't make any promises, this is just for fun.

Last edited by HaniHeger; 11-01-23 at 03:11.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 15:15   #2
Cubies

Would it be possible to make weapons move up and down while spinning?
Cubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 22:34   #3
HaniHeger

Sure! But I'm not sure if I understand the movement correctly, is it just for an effect? Like floating? Is it moving perfectly vertically as if a machine is controlling it? Or does it have context? Like a person throwing a weapon into the air?
Old 13-01-23, 15:49   #4
Cubies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
Sure! But I'm not sure if I understand the movement correctly, is it just for an effect? Like floating? Is it moving perfectly vertically as if a machine is controlling it? Or does it have context? Like a person throwing a weapon into the air?
Oh I didn't know you could go that in-depth. I was thinking Quake 3 Arena animations. Have you done animations before to see whats possible?
Cubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-23, 20:47   #5
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubies View Post
Oh I didn't know you could go that in-depth. I was thinking Quake 3 Arena animations. Have you done animations before to see whats possible?
Well I know my basics! I'm sorry I've never played Quake 3 Arena, do you have a video? (btw srry for the late reply)

Last edited by HaniHeger; 16-01-23 at 20:49.
Old 18-01-23, 22:37   #6
Axelia

Quote:
Well I know my basics! I'm sorry I've never played Quake 3 Arena, do you have a video? (btw srry for the late reply)
Hello, In Quake 3 arena weapons are rotating and bouncing. Here is the video https://youtu.be/cyCgMQvG_rc
Axelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 19:33   #7
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelia View Post
Hello, In Quake 3 arena weapons are rotating and bouncing. Here is the video https://youtu.be/cyCgMQvG_rc
Oh it's those kinds of weapons that you catch

Is it like this one? (0:56)

Last edited by HaniHeger; 20-01-23 at 19:35.
Old 20-01-23, 23:00   #8
Moon-Safari

Quote:
I wanted to test how smooth my workflow would be in 3D animation, but since none of my projects are needing new animation for now, I would like to contribute to anyone who needs it.

So because of that, I will be briefly accepting requests, I can deal with more complex stuff, except something like Lara underwater. Objects animation are welcome too. But I won't make any promises, this is just for fun.
Okay, this is a wild idea, but here goes:

An up-wall run when holding down sprint and pressing x when you reach the wall. Then Lara runs up it and stops for a mid second at the top where you can jump off backwards. IDK if this will ever be possible withe the classic engine but I've seen some pretty crazy things.

I will try to think of more ideas if this one doesn't work.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-23, 21:45   #9
HaniHeger

Very parkour-like! Please tell me if this sketch (drew in 5 seconds) is what you are thinking about:

I guess I also need to know how many blocks high Lara is getting, in case you want her to grab a ledge or smt like that. But If you're not sure yet, I was thinking 9?
Old 22-01-23, 02:55   #10
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Very parkour-like! Please tell me if this sketch (drew in 5 seconds) is what you are thinking about:

I guess I also need to know how many blocks high Lara is getting, in case you want her to grab a ledge or smt like that. But If you're not sure yet, I was thinking 9?
YUP! That's exactly what I was thinking! I would trust your judgement, because we're on the same page. Just a suggestion but maybe it should be higher than a straight up jump? so that it has a unique purpose and minimizes redundancy.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote