Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 20-10-16, 13:54   #601
OrangeJuice

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks all of this is incredibly bad.
I feel like I will have to ignore the existence of these comics to be able to enjoy Lara's arc because they're completely ****ting on it. The comics themselves may be enjoyable (this latest arc particularly), but they don't FIT into Lara's arc. Lara's constantly traveling from place to place, she's meeting more people than she meets in the games and she's having more experiences than she has in the games and it feels so disconnected from the games because she doesn't mention any of it in them and, most importantly, the growth she's gained in the comics doesn't show in the games. So much is happening in these stories and none of it will matter. And I honestly am tired of how they're constantly butchering this reboot's timeline.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-16, 14:53   #602
Sanglyph

I honestly hate the idea of expanding on a character through canonical comics or novels (or any external medium to be frank). These AAA games have way too many writers in their story department as it is, having another ten being responsible for the narratives in various comic arcs only results in an even bigger mess.
Sanglyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-16, 15:39   #603
Heidi_w_

I actually love the comics -- the games can't possibly cover the same scope (the Blood Ties DLC being a rare exception) and so it's left to the comics to flesh out the rest of Lara's life...that said I wouldn't mind a little less adventuring and more time spent on character development as the comics represent a great opportunity to do so.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 16:24   #604
James_Rutland

Okay issue, definitely not one of the better issues, most of it was Lara talking to some professor lady and Sam walking around causing havoc with a load of cretins. Next issue could be good though going by that ending.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 17:59   #605
iWANEX
Golden

Hey guys! I could only read the first arc of post-reboot comics because those are the only issues that were released here in Spain. Is there a way to read the rest somehow? I don't mind reading them online or buying them on paper. Either way works for me.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 04:31   #606
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Hey guys! I could only read the first arc of post-reboot comics because those are the only issues that were released here in Spain. Is there a way to read the rest somehow? I don't mind reading them online or buying them on paper. Either way works for me.
Very late, but what about this - https://www.amazon.es/Tomb-Raider-Se...=UTF8&qid=&sr= - it's the Amazon Kindle version.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 02:24   #607
Rai

So I've been thinking more about issue twelve. From the short synopsis that I posted earlier, it says that Sam thinks she's killed Lara. So how does Lara pull that off? She's going to fake her death somehow...will this involve sacrificing someone else, a convincing look-alike? . I can't see Lara doing that, but she must have to fake her death somehow, under Sam's hand, so it's going to be a close stand off/fight.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 04:00   #608
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
So I've been thinking more about issue twelve. From the short synopsis that I posted earlier, it says that Sam thinks she's killed Lara. So how does Lara pull that off? She's going to fake her death somehow...will this involve sacrificing someone else, a convincing look-alike? . I can't see Lara doing that, but she must have to fake her death somehow, under Sam's hand, so it's going to be a close stand off/fight.
Maybe Lara could have survived due to the fleece from The Ten Thousand Immortals or the effects from Jacob bringing Lara back from the dead in Rise of the Tomb Raider?
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 04:04   #609
ThatSassyKid

^ Since when did Jacob bring Lara back from the dead?
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 04:26   #610
Daring Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It's probably going to be something like Lara falling off a cliff and Samiko just assuming she died, while Lara actually survived by falling in water or grabbing onto something in time.
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote