Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 24-08-19, 14:07   #21
Kapu

This scene has gotta be one of TR2013 dumbest moments, imo, but at least you can laugh at it.

---
When Alex says "looks like my dance career is over" and Lara FAKE laughs at it. The fake laugh seriously kills me every time. "Ah heh heh..." Why did they even put this in there? To further cement Lara's disinterest in Alex romantically? Lmao sorry bro

Two seconds later, when Lara gets pissed and tells him he's going to kill them. She's so obviously annoyed with him, this situation, and his ineptitude. That lame ass joke clearly made things worse.

Alex telling Lara "I'm not gonna make it out of here" and Lara scrunching up her face up and lazily shaking her head no. It's like, you already know she's gonna ditch him, but she's making it seem like she won't for appearances.

Do I even need to say anything about the sad kiss? It's so dumb. They made Alex low-key in love with Lara, barely touched on it, Lara doesn't address it THE ENTIRE GAME, and then in this moment they're like "yeah let's have Lara friend zone him right before he dies."
---

But the real reason this is the stupidest moment in the entire game is because there were like three guys shooting at them, and by that point Lara had the blood of a thousand men on her hands. What was stopping her from shooting three more dudes? Honestly. The disconnect between the narrative and gameplay in TR2013 could win an award.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 02:48   #22
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
The disconnect between the narrative and gameplay in TR2013 could win an award.
periodt
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 09:29   #23
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
periodt
I always find it funny how people give Uncharted Crap just for the fact there's more guys for Nathan to shoot, yet people say 2013 is "Realistic" when Lara kills just as if not more, despite being someone who's never even fired at a person before.

Also you know, Nathan doesn't get a bunch of serious injuries that he shrugs off, at least in the first game/Golden Abyss.

Last edited by Samz; 25-08-19 at 09:31.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 14:50   #24
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
But the real reason this is the stupidest moment in the entire game is because there were like three guys shooting at them, and by that point Lara had the blood of a thousand men on her hands. What was stopping her from shooting three more dudes?
Exchanging in gunfire would’ve likely blown them up, as she mentions to Alex when he causes an explosion trying to defend them. I also don’t hear her laugh as fake, but strained - she’s stressed and concerned, but he still gets an awkward laugh out of her.

I don’t think the kiss on the cheek is cold, or that she owed him anything more either. She was fond of him, showed it, and left. If it was on the lips, I bet you people would’ve found that worse - “how melodramatic, they had no chemistry, were they together?”, etc.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 15:07   #25
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Exchanging in gunfire would’ve likely blown them up, as she mentions to Alex when he causes an explosion trying to defend them. I also don’t hear her laugh as fake, but strained - she’s stressed and concerned, but he still gets an awkward laugh out of her.

I don’t think the kiss on the cheek is cold, or that she owed him anything more either. She was fond of him, showed it, and left. If it was on the lips, I bet you people would’ve found that worse - “how melodramatic, they had no chemistry, were they together?”, etc.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I always find it funny how people give Uncharted Crap just for the fact there's more guys for Nathan to shoot, yet people say 2013 is "Realistic" when Lara kills just as if not more, despite being someone who's never even fired at a person before.
Lara was trained by Roth in all kinds of weapons . It's not like she never touched a gun before she set foot on Yamatai .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 14:19   #26
charmedangelin

Where are people getting romantic vibes? A kiss on the cheek is a non verbal way of saying good bye in America. Perhaps it shows more how Americanized this game was when it should have been and taken more mannerisms from the UK and London.

But from what I've seen there is zero romantic stuff going on and Lara trying to say good bye and how much she thanks him without uttering so many words.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 18:43   #27
OrangeJuice

^ you could be right but alex did write about being in love with lara and she got to read that diary entry so.
Old 27-08-19, 18:54   #28
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Perhaps it shows more how Americanized this game was when it should have been and taken more mannerisms from the UK and London.
A woman giving a man a kiss on the cheek has romantic connotations globally, especially when you consider the aforementioned interest in Lara on Alex’s part. She didn’t mean it in a reciprocal way, but as a show of affection.

I don’t even know what a British gesture would be. “Ta-ta, luv!”?
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 21:02   #29
Jen_TR

Lara was a dick here, he was dying and she couldn’t even give him a quick smooch...
Jen_TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 21:54   #30
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_TR View Post
Lara was a dick here, he was dying and she couldn’t even give him a quick smooch...
what