www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 14-01-16, 15:40   #1021
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

It's kind of an insult to the viewers intelligence though. In Hotel universe... Queenie exists. In Coven, Queenie is in a Coven with Zoe, who is the same actress as Violet. Violet must exist in Hotel universe too as Marcie exists in it. What would Queenie say if she saw Billie Dean Howard, who looks identical to Cordelia?

Mess tbh

You could lose your mind thinking about it.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-16, 15:42   #1022
Baratheon
Archaeologist

Not really. Just imagine they see the character, but not the face? It's simple.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-16, 05:29   #1023
Survival
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
It's kind of an insult to the viewers intelligence though. In Hotel universe... Queenie exists. In Coven, Queenie is in a Coven with Zoe, who is the same actress as Violet. Violet must exist in Hotel universe too as Marcie exists in it. What would Queenie say if she saw Billie Dean Howard, who looks identical to Cordelia?

Mess tbh

You could lose your mind thinking about it.
Not really. You are overthinking it. In AHS these people do not look the same.
Survival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-16, 20:59   #1024
trfan16
Archaeologist

Just finished watching the finale for Hotel last night, and I have to say that I enjoyed this season very much. I loved the ambiance of the Hotel, the creepy and sometimes over-the-top storylines, and there were some great characters. Denis O'Hare as Liz Taylor was brilliant! I enjoyed every second when he/she was on screen. Other enjoyable characters include Mr. March, Ms. Evers, Iris, Sally, and John.

Overall, Hotel ranks in the middle out of all five seasons. But I give this season a high rating and it is a MUCH better improvement over the last two seasons.

1. Asylum: 9.5/10

2. Murder House: 9/10

3. Hotel: 8.5/10

4. Coven: 7/10

5. Freak Show: 5/10
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-16, 23:47   #1025
Trenton
Tomb Raider

^Nice.
Looking forward to seeing Freak Show and Hotel eventually.

I'd rank the three seasons I've seen like this.

1. Murder House 9/10

2. Asylum 8/10

3. Coven 2/10
Old 16-01-16, 20:17   #1026
Linoshi Croft
Legend

I personally enjoyed Season 1 - 3 equally. Everything after was pretty dire par the odd interesting character or concept.
Old 17-01-16, 06:09   #1027
Atlantisfreak666
Professor

Okay, but whatever happened to Gaga's deformed ghost baby? It was brought up and then forgotten about pretty quickly.
Old 17-01-16, 08:54   #1028
Navid
Professor

Was something supposed to happen...? It was just a small part of the series and it stayed that way, it was only relevant when Ramona wanted to murder him for revenge and he escaped. But besides that.. he just lives in the hotel while Gaga keeps an eye on him.

Then we see the baby again (in the story) when James brings Will to reveal the Countess' secret.

--
Ranks!

Asylum > Hotel > Coven > Murder House > Freakshow

I'm partial to Hotel of course because Gaga's in it but I did lose interest in certain points.. mainly because of the delay due to the holidays. But a much better ending in comparison to most seasons.
Asylum is the best so far because of the story and it's twists. And It had some of the best scenes from the whole series (Storywise and visually). I didn't think it was the most grotesque season however and didn't understand all the fuss that I had heard about it.
Coven and Murder House kept me interested throughout the whole season but the endings were rather disappointing.
And the pilot of Freakshow was just enough, not planning on watching the other episodes.

Overall I enjoyed all seasons (Besides Freakshow). Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by Navid; 17-01-16 at 09:08.
Navid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-16, 20:35   #1029
trfan16
Archaeologist

There were a few plot lines I would've liked to see Hotel wrap up better. The biggest miss in my opinion was the lack of back story behind the Addiction Demon. We only saw him in action in the opening episode when he attacks Gabriel. Other than that, he was only seen briefly in a few scenes. It looks like Mr. March controls the Addiction Demon and that he is tied with Sally. Too bad he wasn't seen more though because he was creepy.

But yeah, the plot listed above was another miss. Said plot was only used in one episode and was rarely addressed again. At least the wrapped up the fate of Tristian in the finale whose ghost wasn't seen in the hotel even though he was a vampire.

I think my favorite part of Hotel was the connections to the past seasons, even if they were brief and minimal. Bringing back Billie Dean Howard was a great choice. While this was Sarah Paulson's most forgettable role, I forgot how much I loved her as Billie Dean in Murder House.

And word on your rankings, Navid. Although I love Murder House for all the interesting and scary characters, which is why it is ranked second. I wish the ghosts in Hotel were creepy like the ones in Murder House. I've watched Coven again recently too. It is much better on a second viewing, although the second half of the season is pretty weak.

As for Freak Show, I never really enjoyed it. The only interesting story line was Twisty, but his story was wrapped up too swiftly. Other than that, the whole season wasn't scary and felt more like a musical and a soap opera.

Last edited by trfan16; 17-01-16 at 20:37.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-16, 12:32   #1030
Navid
Professor

The following things in the post may or may not be spoilers. (Seriously.. I'm not really sure )

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
There were a few plot lines I would've liked to see Hotel wrap up better. The biggest miss in my opinion was the lack of back story behind the Addiction Demon. We only saw him in action in the opening episode when he attacks Gabriel. Other than that, he was only seen briefly in a few scenes. It looks like Mr. March controls the Addiction Demon and that he is tied with Sally. Too bad he wasn't seen more though because he was creepy.

But yeah, the plot listed above was another miss. Said plot was only used in one episode and was rarely addressed again. At least the wrapped up the fate of Tristian in the finale whose ghost wasn't seen in the hotel even though he was a vampire.

I think my favorite part of Hotel was the connections to the past seasons, even if they were brief and minimal. Bringing back Billie Dean Howard was a great choice. While this was Sarah Paulson's most forgettable role, I forgot how much I loved her as Billie Dean in Murder House.
I cannot agree with all these things more. I felt like the Addiction Demon was the Rubber Guy of the season who would keep randomly showing up a lot but they barely included him anywhere. What a waste. =.=
I was fine with Bartholomew since the baby in season one wasn't shown a lot either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
And word on your rankings, Navid. Although I love Murder House for all the interesting and scary characters, which is why it is ranked second. I wish the ghosts in Hotel were creepy like the ones in Murder House. I've watched Coven again recently too. It is much better on a second viewing, although the second half of the season is pretty weak.

As for Freak Show, I never really enjoyed it. The only interesting story line was Twisty, but his story was wrapped up too swiftly. Other than that, the whole season wasn't scary and felt more like a musical and a soap opera.
I liked murder house but since I watched it in 2015.. it fell kinda pale compared to all the recent horror movies, shows, etc.
But I'm glad it was the first season I watched, wouldn't have enjoyed it after any other one.
For me Coven was only disappointing in the Finale. The selection of the Supreme to be precise, it couldn't have been a more random pick, imo. But I've noticed with Murder House and Coven that the best things happened one or two episodes before the finale. (If they ended the season there, I would have been more than happy. )

Last edited by Navid; 18-01-16 at 12:38.
Navid is offline   Reply With Quote