Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 05-12-19, 19:33   #1571
Joey79100

If I remember correctly he said that on his Facebook account. Ohhh yes I'd love it if he did!
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 21:10   #1572
Heartache

the stream was awesome and the tracks are all gorgeous
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 21:28   #1573
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
If I remember correctly he said that on his Facebook account. Ohhh yes I'd love it if he did!
I had that idea that if Peter ever released the original midis in midi format I would have used them to recreate TRAOD soundtrack in TR4-5 style for a custom level LOL.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 13:08   #1574
ashka

Public premiere stream and Q&A today, 3pm UK time!
Tune in or set a reminder here:
https://www.facebook.com/trdarkangel...05523923523105
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 21:18   #1575
Kapu

Oh no, I'm only on "Jeep Thrills" and I'm already holding back tears of joy
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 12:51   #1576
Brendanlovesu1

<<< SUPER RARE Angel Of Darkness / Abbey Road / LSO Session DAT >>>

We unearthed a SUPER RARE DAT last week, it contains 90 minutes of the FULL and unedited Angel of Darkness Recording Sessions at Abbey Road by the LSO in 2002 (19.07.2002)...

A DAT, for the non oldies here, is a digital medium used between the 1980's and 2000's to record / master audio. It stands for "Digital Audio Tape"... easy.

This ONE OFF contains the sessions, takes, discussions between takes, orchestra warming up, moving around, getting comfortable etc... nothing else like this exists so, to a hardened Tomb Raider Collector, it isn't just GOLD, it's DIAMOND. You will hear the takes that never made it to the game!!!

We are currently deciding on a price to sell and, as always, the proceeds will go straight into helping fund the album or, at least, pay off the debt we got into to make it happen.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to make me an offer, feel free to PM me. Be sensible though, this won't sell for peanuts... well, depends on how many peanuts and the current weight to money conversation.

The DAT is confirmed working but you will need a DAT player to be able to hear it. These units cost £1000's back in the day but can now be picked up for peanuts. I can't confirm 100% everything on the DAT but I do know it is filled full of RARE AoD Music goodness.

https://www.facebook.com/peter.conne...56544344827161
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 15:35   #1577
Zebra

That's awesome! I hope they're making a digital copy before selling it off.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 01:43   #1578
Brendanlovesu1

from Martin Iveson in the comments of the FB link I posted above

"Yeah. I found this in my box of DAT tapes whilst looking for all of the Tomb Raider recorded media from our session. This is actually the "Master Tape" not 'Mastered' files, but the tape of the raw recordings from Studio 1 at Abbey Road we first recorded onto, so no added reverb, no added anything, as it sounded "In The Room" so this Tape is the total daddy to be frank!"
Old 13-12-19, 15:27   #1579
Brendanlovesu1

Shipping schedule, Latest News and The Original The Angel of Darkness Master Recording

Live Stream and Q&A. In case you missed our public reveal live stream you can watch it here:

https://www.facebook.com/trdarkangel...4034736456313/

During the stream Peter Connelly and Murti Schofield answered your questions and gave their insights into the project. We also revealed that the overall budget of the project is a whooping £150,000+. 1/3 of the project was generously funded by YOU whilst the rest was invested by Peter and the team. Peter said, “I only have one chance to do it and I want to do it right…at the end of the day, it’s just money”.

BACKER ORDERS

We promised that we will start shipping in December 2019. We’re happy to report that THIS IS HAPPENING! However, we have hit a couple of very tiny speed bumps…

1.The Dark Angel Symphony Sheet Music Book – unfortunately this is delayed till mid-January as our production partner required a couple of extra weeks to iron-out our last amends to quality.

2. Vinyl’s went into production today and should be produced in 6 weeks’ time. As such, they are delayed into January.

We promised to be transparent with you about these delays and tell you what we’re doing to make things right.

HERE’S OUR SOLUTION

Peter decided to make further financial contribution and deliver these separately.

This means if your order is in our first batch of orders to be shipped then everything except those items (providing you bought them) will be shipped to you and the rest will be shipped separately when they’re available. Can I just say on behalf of the team and as a Tomb Raider fan, we are very lucky to work with you Peter <3

SHIPPING SCHEDULE

· 5% of orders to be sent out by 30th December 2019

· At least 45% of orders to be shipped on/by January 31st

· Everything else to be sent out by the end of February

We're shipping by order numbers.

Once your order is shipped you will receive an email. There are only two of us shipping and packing all these so please be patient

DIGITAL VERSION OF ALBUM

This will be available very soon. We are happy to confirm you will have the access to the following…

Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel Symphony - High Quality mp3
Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel Symphony - FLAC (lossless)
Tomb Raider 4-6 Remasters - High Quality mp3
Tomb Raider 4-6 Remasters - FLAC (lossless)

Please be on the lookout for an email from me with instructions how to redeem the album. The email will go out from ash@peterconnelly.com so please add me to your contacts so it won’t go to your junk!!!

Streaming version (Spotify, iTunes etc).

Digital streaming release date is February 14th!!! Isn’t this someone’s birthday?

RAFFLE WINNERS

All winners are now contacted and those who provided their address should now receive confirmation that their prizes are sent out. If you received it do post an image and tag us on Instagram and Twitter

And, finally…

Win Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness ORIGINAL RAW DAT

We unearthed a SUPER RARE DAT which contains 90 minutes of the FULL and RAW Angel of Darkness Recording Sessions at Abbey Road (Studio 1) by the LSO in 2002 (19.07.2002 to be precise).

This ABSOLUTE ONE OFF contains the unedited sessions, takes, orchestra warming up, moving around, getting comfortable etc. Nothing else like this exists so, to a hardened Tomb Raider Collector, this isn't just GOLD, it's DIAMOND.

This is the "Master Tape" not '"Mastered files". It is a tape containing the raw recordings from Studio 1 at Abbey Road so no added reverb, no added anything, it's just as it was recorded "in the room" on the day so, in all honesty, this tape is the total daddy to be frank!!! Nothing else like it exists.

You can enter our raffle below. Tickets are £5 each and it’s on until all 500 tickets are sold.

10% OF ALL PROCEEDS ARE DONATED TO CHARITY (Cancer Research UK (Charity No. 1089464).

https://raffall.com/9866/enter-raffl...peter-connelly

ICYM:

We premiered quite a few songs during our live stream and we published a couple as well:

The Dance of the Lux veritatis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO137ycEDgg

Beyond the Darkness (with Dean Kopri) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXv_r81Kl-Y

Ash

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2709789
Old 18-12-19, 21:39   #1580
TombRaiderLover

Amazing how quickly this project is coming together (particularly compared to a very similar one, cough cough).

I've already pledged for the album and ordered Kurtis' journal separately, but I've just bought one of the T-shirts. It's probably the best I've spent on a single T-shirt, but I'm happy to support the team.
TombRaiderLover is offline   Reply With Quote