Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-07-19, 14:24   #21
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by turneraider View Post
However when I try to open the LARA wad in WADMerger it says:

"Input past end of file."
We used the newest version of WADMerger, the one edited by Paolone that has more features. Maybe you have an older version from trsearch? Easiest way to check is to go to WADMerger Animation Editor and see if there are new buttons for camera movement.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 20:45   #22
Joey79100

It seems there is an issue with Github (well, not an actual issue but we didn't take this into account), it changes end of lines from CRLF (Windows format) to LF (Unix format) for text files. We didn't encounter this for some reason, or didn't notice it at least. We're gonna look into it.
Nothing is lost or broken, .WAS and .SAM files are affected only but it can be fixed easily. Open then through Notepad++, open the Edit menu > Convert End of lines > Convert to Windows (CRLF) and save.
Or you can download the already fixed demo WAD, but for other WADs you'd have to "fix" them yourself:
tdr_demo_2019-07-05.zip

Also, I want to insist on something I feel is very important: if you use some existing setup from the game and improve it, then: please share, don't keep it to yourself. Since we shared our setups and assets and it's your basis, it's only fair that you share your version with other people as well. Thank you.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 20:49   #23
Caesum

Tomorrow after work I will try to update the repository with fixed files. Can't do it today as my internet connection is broken (probably router died).

Will also update first post with what joey just said. Remember, if you use our stuff and improve it, please share them too. The community should help each other.

Last edited by Caesum; 30-07-19 at 21:00.
Old 31-07-19, 02:22   #24
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Tomorrow after work I will try to update the repository with fixed files. Can't do it today as my internet connection is broken (probably router died).

Will also update first post with what joey just said. Remember, if you use our stuff and improve it, please share them too. The community should help each other.
I noticed the Lost Valley seemed rather barren ingame but that there are a lot of plants and animals in the wads. Is there a fixed playable version with all those assets in it? The quality is amazing.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 06:46   #25
Caesum

There was a testing version made by dale but the project itself never went to the point of actually filling the valley with objects and gameplay. We wanted to finish mountain of the martyrs and the descent first before working on assets for other levels (only Dale and I were working on objects).

EDIT: Redownloaded entire repository and wads work okay for me. Make sure you use this version of WADMerger with Paolone's patch applied. Edited out the repository so it doesn't convert CRLF to LF so maybe this fixed that. If not, just do what Joey said and fix the files manually.

EDIT: Oh also keep in mind that this is a git repository, so it is best to download the entire thing through a git manager. Personally I use Github Desktop to do that.

Last edited by Caesum; 31-07-19 at 18:28.
Old 01-08-19, 15:06   #26
Ruu11

If no one's gonna finish "Mountain of the Martyrs" map,
I swear I'll do it sooner or later...

Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 16:20   #27
Titak

Sorry to hear the project has been cancelled.

Thank you for sharing the assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
EDIT: Oh also keep in mind that this is a git repository, so it is best to download the entire thing through a git manager. Personally I use Github Desktop to do that.
I've downloaded the GitHub Desktop. Do I need to create a GitHub account or won't I need to do that if I just want to download the stuff?

*** EDIT ***
Guh... never mind.
Don't need an account. It's now cloning the repository to my PC.

Last edited by Titak; 01-08-19 at 16:24.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 05:56   #28
sapper

Just so as you know you can download everything in a zip using the "clone or download" button, no need to install github if you don't need it for other reasons and don't want the historical versions of anything.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 06:16   #29
Joey79100

^
That's the thing: as we explained earlier, downloading through the ZIP file seems to cause line endings in text filed (like .WAS and .SAM) to be converted from CRLF to LF (which makes Wadmerger unable to read WADs). We haven't found a fix for that, but it seems downloading through Github Desktop doesn't do this.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 09:35   #30
Titak

I did indeed download the zip without the GitHub desktop at first, and the wad files were indeed corrupted. And so were the .txt files in the Script folder.
So the GitHub Desktop thing is needed.

Btw, there's no tomb4.exe in the repository. Is that correct or am I missing something?

I had a look at the LARA object, checked the animations in WADMerger Animation Editor and they are amazing!!!
Very AOD-like from what I can tell in WADMerger and very smooth. also additional transitions have been added.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote