www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 07-12-21, 05:20   #41
stohrendorf
Student

Mhm, okay I accidentally broke the savegames compatibility.

But fear not, here's the fix (format is important here, also keep the numbers after the colon the same as they are in your own save file):
  • Search for "yRotationSpeed" and replace "!<au>" with "!<(au)/(frame)>" so that it looks something like this: "yRotationSpeed: !<(au)/(frame)> 0"
  • Search for "smoothness" and add "!<frame>" so that it looks something like this: "smoothness: !<frame> 4"
  • Search for "cinematicFrame" and add "!<frame>" so that it looks something like this: "cinematicFrame: !<frame> 0"

Sorry for messing that up, I guess my awareness for breaking savegames has decreased over time after so many non-breaking releases.
stohrendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 08:28   #42
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by stohrendorf View Post
Sorry for messing that up, I guess my awareness for breaking savegames has decreased over time after so many non-breaking releases.
Thanks for the guide, I'm sure it'll be helpful for people who had already progressed further into the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by stohrendorf View Post
Unfortunately it's camera code. Camera code has always been my super villain.
I can understand your aversion to touching a part of code that is so prone to breaking. But I have found an issue, that I feel is worth fixing: Lara is unable to look down into a pit when standing in front of it. This is often necessary to check what's down there, and by not being able to do it, players may miss out on traps and pickups. Here's a video of how it looks:

TombATI:

EdisonEngine:

I'd appreciate if you could have a look into this and check if that part of the camera code could be more easily adaptable. Thank you!
Old 12-12-21, 15:44   #43
ANoDE
Golden

Has anyone tried a no scratch run with this?

I'm currently in the Thor room in St. Francis Folly, and it feels like the lightnings are way more aggressive than they are in the original.

I'm trying to get out of the room again, and I could do it with TombATI with ease, but with EdisonEngine they seem to be way more targeted. I've tried about 20 times now, and the lightning gets me each time. I don't even know how I managed to get INTO the room without getting hit, as this also took me a lot of tries.

The technique from here Stella's walkthrough (https://tombraiders.net/stella/walks...stfrancis.html) does not seem to work, as the lightnings get to all tiles and don't leave the corner one's out.

If this all intentional, I'd really like to know how to complete this room without damage.
Old 12-12-21, 17:39   #44
stohrendorf
Student

Beta 8 is out: https://github.com/stohrendorf/Ediso...ses/tag/beta-8 - mostly bug fixes, but it now also includes an installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Has anyone tried a no scratch run with this?

I'm currently in the Thor room in St. Francis Folly, and it feels like the lightnings are way more aggressive than they are in the original.

I'm trying to get out of the room again, and I could do it with TombATI with ease, but with EdisonEngine they seem to be way more targeted. I've tried about 20 times now, and the lightning gets me each time. I don't even know how I managed to get INTO the room without getting hit, as this also took me a lot of tries.

The technique from here Stella's walkthrough (https://tombraiders.net/stella/walks...stfrancis.html) does not seem to work, as the lightnings get to all tiles and don't leave the corner one's out.

If this all intentional, I'd really like to know how to complete this room without damage.
Not intentional, I'll look into it.
Old 19-12-21, 01:49   #45
stohrendorf
Student

Beta 9 has landed with more fixes and ghost recording: https://github.com/stohrendorf/Ediso...ses/tag/beta-9 (ghost recording example: https://earvillage.net/2021-12-18%2015-29-46.mp4)
Old 21-12-21, 16:11   #46
nickp364
Explorer

First live stream showing it off is live now!

https://www.twitch.tv/liinx86
nickp364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-21, 02:57   #47
MyRaider4Life
Tomb Raider

Any idea why my game crashes trying to open the main menu? I've tried a heap of different versions and used new game files with each version, however the crash keeps happening.

I do have a few Python-related programs on my computer for use with ESRGAN, could this be the issue?
MyRaider4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-21, 09:01   #48
stohrendorf
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRaider4Life View Post
Any idea why my game crashes trying to open the main menu? I've tried a heap of different versions and used new game files with each version, however the crash keeps happening.
I have a single report of someone with a dual boot system of Windows 10 and Windows 7 or 8, and the engine crashed on the older version. I wasn't able to find it why, though.

Quote:
I do have a few Python-related programs on my computer for use with ESRGAN, could this be the issue?
Python can be easily eliminated if you temporarily rename your python root folder so that the registry points to a non-existing python installation.

You may want to take a look at the edisonengine.log file, maybe something helpful is in there, and if you want, I can take a look at it, too.
Old 24-12-21, 11:19   #49
stohrendorf
Student

In the meantime, Beta 10 is out with a few bug and usability fixes - merry christmas https://github.com/stohrendorf/Ediso...es/tag/beta-10
Old 27-12-21, 20:45   #50
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:

Have you tried removing config.yaml from your edisonengine folder? Not doing so made it crash on my machine after upgrading to Beta 10 (I skipped Betas 8 and 9)