www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 27-06-19, 21:14   #38741
Ellioft
Professor

I have watched Back Country a survival movie in the woods. It was boring, bad shooted and the worst part the bear he was there for 5min in 1h30 and he doesn't do anything.
Old 30-06-19, 20:13   #38742
Amunet
Archaeologist

Triple Frontier. Charlie Hunnam and Oscar Isaac looking fine, what else can a girl ask for!

On a more serious note, I actually really enjoyed this film. Stellar cast and cinematography.
Old 01-07-19, 20:22   #38743
Vinkula
Legend

The Grand Tour Seasons 1-3
Old 03-07-19, 14:35   #38744
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Default Spider-Man Far From Home

My friend and I just saw Spider-Man Far From Home. It was pretty good. Lots of action. The audience actually clapped at the end. Make sure you watch after the credits.
Old 04-07-19, 12:16   #38745
norabrave
Historian

Kakegurui Season 2 (Netflix) 😋
Old 05-07-19, 18:32   #38746
Matie
Professor

Black Mirror S03 EP04&05
The San Junipero episode hit me so hard, probably because of its theme, but damn... even though it had a happy ending, kind of (compared to most Black Mirror episodes).

Chernobyl
Great series, so interesting, and so tragic at the same time, because you know it happened.

Stranger Things S03 EP01
That was such a fun start! I can't wait to see the next episode already.
Old 06-07-19, 04:56   #38747
robm_2007
Legend

Killing Eve, S2
Not as good as S1, but it's quite funnier. Villainelle is such a brat and is given much more to do and excels at it. Supporting cast is also done well. (the proxy Facebook storyline was a bit weak). I'm kind of hoping Eve actually died at the end so the title can come full circle; and I'd like to see how Eve would "go on." Assuming she's ever killed anyone she felt that big of a connection to. I looove the music they use throughout.

Fleabag, S1 and 2
I like it! PWB does very well. The whole priest storyline is a tad "unrealistic." Even the unlikable characters are still fun to watch (basically, that makes up everyone). Ending of S1 was quite sad and seemed obvious but I did not see that coming!
Old 08-07-19, 01:56   #38748
Rai

Stranger Things 3. I've been watching 1 or 2 episodes at a time and finished tonight. Holly crap what a finale. Totally gave me all the feels. I haven't cried over a tv show in a long while. Kid actors aren't always so great, but this show really hit the jackpot with the kids in this show. I also love how there is still light moments even when time is running out and all the crap is about to go down.. And props to Winona Ryder, she was one of my favourite actresses back in the day, I'm so glad she had this chance to shine again.

And of course there's a cliffhanger. As good as it is, I do hope they stop while they're ahead. One more season I think is planned (according to articles I've read) and I think that should be it.
Old 08-07-19, 18:44   #38749
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Stranger Things 3. I've been watching 1 or 2 episodes at a time and finished tonight. Holly crap what a finale. Totally gave me all the feels. I haven't cried over a tv show in a long while. Kid actors aren't always so great, but this show really hit the jackpot with the kids in this show. I also love how there is still light moments even when time is running out and all the crap is about to go down.. And props to Winona Ryder, she was one of my favourite actresses back in the day, I'm so glad she had this chance to shine again.

And of course there's a cliffhanger. As good as it is, I do hope they stop while they're ahead. One more season I think is planned (according to articles I've read) and I think that should be it.
I binged it over the weekend! I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!!! What a roller coaster of emotions!

The kids really are super talented and I totally loved that Erica got more screen time — that girl is hilarious! XD

Brilliant season all around.
Old 08-07-19, 19:24   #38750
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

Fantastic. And could it please be the 'all on screen' movie to end all 'all on screen' movies? Filmmakers would be hard pressed to try and surpass this anyway. If it feels like the pinnacle of a subgenre, it should end that subgenre, at least for a decade.

While it still is some great television, I do feel like the creators dropped the ball a bit on this season. The audience is no longer treated to the mystery, instead we know exactly what's going on right from the start. A start (say, the first three episodes), that is a bit too slow and a bit too full of redundant scenes. And yet, it feels like it needed an episode or two extra, especially in light of the fact there was 2 years between this and the last season. There were a few legitimately interesting storylines started in the first half of the season, only to never be returned to until, hopefully, the next season. Like Will's confusing situation. And it really irks me that we couldn't explore more of that, but we had all the time in the world to overspend on the frankly cringeworthy love story of Mike and El, and the repeated hammering of Hopper and Joyce's sexual tension.

But it still is great, only it's more of an 8.5/10, whereas the first two seasons were 10/10 and 9/10, respectively. Not a lot of intensely memorable and amazing moments in this one, either.