Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 07-01-20, 18:26   #31791
Jill Lover

How many outfits do you think she's gonna get? Claire and leon got 4 each? 🤔
Jill Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 20:11   #31792
redfox45

I just tried out "The Ghost Survivors" for the first time. And man do they suck.

Like atrociously bad... How do you overlook a sure thing like a Deaths Door campaign and you spew out all that garbage instead?
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 23:52   #31793
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
^ Hmm.. don't get me wrong I don't like.. LOVE it.
Disappointing yes, but its what we have.
Nothings gonna change that - we'll just have to wait for PC mods and those lucky enough to have a PC version can do so.
Pre-order bonus for her classic costume.
Sucks but thats the way it is
I will have the PC version. Never made it past the PS3. I'll pre-order it after my PC upgrade goes through.

It does suck. Mods can fix a lot and breath new life into games. However, in this case they would need to rebuild the whole character. By comparison the New Tifa Lockhart looks about 80% right to me. The new Jill is all wrong to me. Sienna Guillory looks better in the RE3 outfit.

I can't help but wonder if I'm all worked up about it because Jill Valentine is my favorite female character?
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 13:32   #31794
matrix54

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
I just tried out "The Ghost Survivors" for the first time. And man do they suck.

Like atrociously bad... How do you overlook a sure thing like a Deaths Door campaign and you spew out all that garbage instead?
That would probably require new areas that they didn’t want to pay for, but the second most obvious is Extreme Battle. Everything is made. It could be similar to ghost survivors, but much better.

It’s especially more annoying because they invested time into Project Resistance, when RE2 could have used some serious post launch support, or better second runs.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 17:37   #31795
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
That would probably require new areas that they didn’t want to pay for, but the second most obvious is Extreme Battle. Everything is made. It could be similar to ghost survivors, but much better.

It’s especially more annoying because they invested time into Project Resistance, when RE2 could have used some serious post launch support, or better second runs.
Yeah I prefer Extreme Battle. (might emulate Resi 2 classic for it since my Vita broke and I sold it.)
I mean I don't HATE Ghost Survivors but I don't like how trial and error it is, the Vending machines for instance are bipolar, sometimes, all the items are kinda okay and it depends on your playstyle/how well you're doing while certain ones, (such as most of the ones in Runway girl the "Easy" one.) basically require you take a specific item or you're in trouble.

Doesn't help that Dogs are not predictable any more in my experience, making dodging/knifing them feel luck-based.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 18:49   #31796
dcw123

I never understood why Extreme Battle wasn't made TBQFH

They already had all the rooms available to use - do the same thing as the original... make it from the lab up into the police station.
Shouldn't have been that hard? Maybe alter a route or two..

I mainly just wanted to play as Claire, Leon, Ada in a mini-game.
I mean, I suppose on PC you could hack Hunk/Tofu to swap characters but it should have been there by default.

Capcom are usually amazing with mini-games, but IMO they really dropped the ball this time
RE3 better not just have Resistance either.. coz I probably won't play it.
Mercs better be a think still as in the original!
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 19:38   #31797
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:

Capcom are usually amazing with mini-games, but IMO they really dropped the ball this time
RE3 better not just have Resistance either.. coz I probably won't play it.
Mercs better be a think still as in the original!
Sorry to break it to you, but the Official PlayStation Magazine just released it's new edition about RE3 Remake....they cut Mercenaries mode for Resistance. They also cut live selections and multiple endings.

Fans aren't happy about it.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 19:45   #31798
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but the Official PlayStation Magazine just released it's new edition about RE3 Remake....they cut Mercenaries mode for Resistance. They also cut live selections and multiple endings.

That sucks.

I think it'll still be enjoyable but I'm annoyed they cut them.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 20:34   #31799
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post

Well, there goes a hope for that.

But on the bright side, Remake 3 is going to have a longer campaign than original 3.

Also don't care about mercs since this mode was only good in RE 4&5&6.

Last edited by dg1995; 09-01-20 at 20:41.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 20:58   #31800
matrix54

Quote:
I mainly just wanted to play as Claire, Leon, Ada in a mini-game. I mean, I suppose on PC you could hack Hunk/Tofu to swap characters but it should have been there by default.
In all honestly, they could have replaced the new Tofus with Leon, Claire, Ada and Kendo (with comparable weapons), and I would have been fine without Extreme Battle, if they wanted to cut content.

RE3 is also missing Mercenaries (based on the new info we have), and I feel like game development is becoming too expensive while also too corporate. I don't get how we get stuff that no asked for (Project Resistance) as a cash grab, yet two remakes are missing content.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote