Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 29-04-21, 23:42   #35791
OrangeJuice

im actuallt so very hyped for village ngl
it looks like it's gonna be so memorable witht the four houses and the mommy milkers
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-21, 08:02   #35792
James_Rutland

I've given up with RE collector's editions, I'd much rather keep a lookout for good deals on the Hot Toys figures. I have a BSAA Chris and Jill but would love to have Ada but she's priced like £500 atm.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-21, 17:24   #35793
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I've given up with RE collector's editions, I'd much rather keep a lookout for good deals on the Hot Toys figures. I have a BSAA Chris and Jill but would love to have Ada but she's priced like £500 atm.
Do the prices change after time?
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 01:33   #35794
KylieDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Zombies were always mythological creatures as well. You are just very used to having them in the scy-fy context.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie
The Romero type zombie which RE uses has always been science based. Zombies before that were typically vodoo zombies which were very different. Before that undead and such were all supernatural, but also not Romero type zombies and typically a thrall of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Outbreak was ahead of its time. It would have been better if it released as a PS3 launch title with voice chat support. It could have had (assumedly) a longer and more effective development period, with (let's say) 10 scenarios and launched on a better platform with better online (and room for growth).

But it is highly criticized and panned by gamers, fans and critics. It's the AOD of RE: it has a small, but very passionate and vocal cult following that, even since 2003, still won't shut the hell up about it!
Outbreak was not ahead of its time. You say it should have released on PS3 with voice chat but why? PS2 could do voice chat, multiple PS2 multiplayer games released years before Outbreak released with voice chat, it was just a dinosaur for online features even in PS2s day and age. They didn't even bother giving the first game online play in Europe despite the European release being long after other regions, that's how behind it was.

The games had lots of problems even ignoring how outdated the online features were. Some outright terrible design.

Last edited by KylieDog; 01-05-21 at 01:49.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 14:10   #35795
Greenapple968

Can anyone recommend good YouTube Channels to check out for Resident Evil Let's Plays? Also, can someone put the Resident Evil games in the order that they were released?
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 14:17   #35796
rewak

If you want raw Let's Plays without commentary Survival Horror Network is probably the place to go. You can see a timeline of all the RE games on the Wiki Page for the series, scroll down a little and it's on the right, listed in release order.

I feel like someone should check in with Capcoms marketing department just to make sure they're doing OK....
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 14:45   #35797
killchan

The PC version of the demo is in a quite funny situation.

The original plan was to let players download the demo and launch it well before the demo period starts, a countdown would show up and you'll just sit there waiting for the countdown to reach zero.

Problem is, PC is PC and Capcom is anything but normal, so instead of showing a countdown, now it just says "Unable to connect to servers".

Now, if you're a normal person, you would come to the conclusion that it's temporary... but no, the reality is that cheaters figured out a way to bypass the countdown and play the demo. Capcom, in their infinite wisdom, dediced to straight up shut the servers down, basically prohibiting the demo to show the countdown screen , leaving nothing but confusion
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 14:51   #35798
rewak

They learned from the RE2 and 3 remake demos then, PC modders were going to areas that should have been blocked off by hacking the demo. The Village demo would be at a higher risk of this given the areas it's showing, mainly the Village hub area, so it was actually smart of them to do that. Still should have just made a standalone, normal demo carefully edited so even with hacking it wouldn't spoil anything. Maybe time restraints meant that was easier said than done though.
Old 01-05-21, 15:09   #35799
killchan

I'm not sure how that's gonna prevent cheaters from bypassing the time limit or exploring the village beyond the demo-areas once the demo will be open for everyone though...
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 15:14   #35800
rewak

It won't, but at least it slows them down a little and adds another barrier for them to overcome. The entire story of the game has been leaked for months now but at least they're trying to keep a lid on things. I'd rather that than letting dataminers and leakers run riot and spoil everything this close to release.