Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 22-12-21, 01:06   #41
Deathly Karma

Is there a simple way to get Next-Gen Loading Screens then? I do prefer playing in Next-Gen and it's slightly jarring seeing Old Gen Screens when loading between levels. I do love these fixes by the way, I do occasionally play it without Next-Gen and I'll be using these mods for sure when I next do.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-21, 09:25   #42
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathly Karma View Post
Is there a simple way to get Next-Gen Loading Screens then? I do prefer playing in Next-Gen and it's slightly jarring seeing Old Gen Screens when loading between levels. I do love these fixes by the way, I do occasionally play it without Next-Gen and I'll be using these mods for sure when I next do.
Sadly no, there isn’t an easy way. There are so many inconsistencies between old and next gen, the PC port was not handled well. I could manually recreate the next gen loading screens but I’m not sure how much interest there would be in that from other people.

I’m happy to hear you like the fixes so far though
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-21, 02:08   #43
igor32

Thank you for doing this, I was recently watching a legend walktrough and boy... This game aged like milk, I don't know if it's because I have now a keen eye for level building, but I found everything in Legend really low quality, from level design to modeling, and the next gen ported really bad to pc accentuates even more. Anniversary and partly Underworld doesn't suffer from this.

I'll re download soon and I hope to use your patch to enhance things. TY!
igor32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-21, 08:58   #44
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
There are so many inconsistencies between old and next gen, the PC port was not handled well.
Indeed, I swear every time I open the game, I keep finding something new to complain about

BTW You might've noticed in the Bolivia starting area that the skybox is sometimes just a wall of blue, it doesn't look that bad but it's incorrect. See images below.

This issue happens when the Bolivia starting area is used on the main menu.

Fix workaround:

1. When starting a new game, you'll automatically get a checkpoint so create a save file.
  2. Load the save file while in game, do not return to the main menu.
  3. Voila! Skybox looks correct.

What won't work: (if the Bolivia starting area is used on the main menu)
  • Using the 'Resume' option from the main menu to return to the checkpoint.
  • Loading the save file from the main menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	8
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	3395   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	3396  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 01-03-24 at 19:34.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-21, 14:04   #45
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor32 View Post
Thank you for doing this, I was recently watching a legend walktrough and boy... This game aged like milk, I don't know if it's because I have now a keen eye for level building, but I found everything in Legend really low quality, from level design to modeling, and the next gen ported really bad to pc accentuates even more. Anniversary and partly Underworld doesn't suffer from this.

I'll re download soon and I hope to use your patch to enhance things. TY!
Hey I’m happy to hear you’re interested in using the mods. I actually think the old gen version of Legend has held up well but yeah when you’re a builder or modder, looking at games up close makes you notice a lot of flaws you’d never notice before. Some of the textures are surprisingly bad quality and Legend’s next gen mode is an unforgivable mess lmao. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
BTW You might've noticed in the Bolivia starting area that the skybox is sometimes just a wall of blue, it doesn't look that bad but it's incorrect.

This issue happens when the Bolivia starting area is used on the main menu.

Fix workaround:

1. When starting a new game, you'll automatically get a checkpoint so create a save file.
  2. Load the save file while in game, do not return to the main menu.
  3. Voila! Skybox looks correct.

What won't work: (if the Bolivia starting area is used on the main menu)
  • Using the 'Resume' option from the main menu to return to the checkpoint.
  • Loading the save file from the main menu.
Hey that’s really odd, I’ve never encountered this glitch on the retail version of the game before? I’ve only ever had this happen on the hacked .exe and I assumed it was an issue with that version. If other people have had this issue though, I’m glad you found a solution for it
Old 01-02-22, 07:02   #46
mtts06

Smile

Aged like milk? Harsh! Sure the game is old but there was a lot of heart put into the animations, music, and art design. Legend will always be a special game to me and I play it from time to time just for its coziness. Thank you so much for enhancing (and preserving) the experience of playing this on PC.

I also really look forward to a more permanent version of these fixes.
mtts06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 07:09   #47
SrDanielPonces

honestly legend is the best of the trilogy. definitely one of the top TR games
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 14:56   #48
SamCactus101

This work is gold! Looks like a remaster! =D
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-22, 21:36   #49
Ameliorator

Default A Quick Update

Hello again everyone

It's been a while since I've updated the mods but I have been working on them as much as I can. Unfortunately a lot of problems were going on in my life the past few months but things are finally getting better now and I've been able to come back to modding Legend :tmb

The next update for OldGen+, which will add fixes for the Japan level, is coming very soon. In the meantime I want to share a little update to my Loading Screens Upgraded mod that I've made. Using the free-movement camera in the hacked Legend .exe and some official promotional artworks released for the game, I was able to manually recreate 18 of the 22 level loading screens in much higher quality (some loading screens are now up to 3414 x 1920 resolution), including fixing the stretched aspect ratio of the vanilla mission prep screen. This new .tpf file is much larger so I will keep the older version of the mod available for anyone who's computer can't handle the increased file size.

Here are some comparison screenshots to show off vanilla vs. the mod:

(I reduced the resolution of this last image for easier posting on the forums)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtts06 View Post
Aged like milk? Harsh! Sure the game is old but there was a lot of heart put into the animations, music, and art design. Legend will always be a special game to me and I play it from time to time just for its coziness. Thank you so much for enhancing (and preserving) the experience of playing this on PC.

I also really look forward to a more permanent version of these fixes.
I completely agree with you. Say what you will about the current Crystal Dynamics team and the direction they've taken TR in but that original dev team that worked on Legend really did put a lot of heart and passion into the game. I'm happy you enjoy the enhancements and I am still hoping to make the more permanent bigfile / DRM versions soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCactus101 View Post
This work is gold! Looks like a remaster! =D
That's really kind of you to say, thank you

Last edited by Ameliorator; 26-03-22 at 11:29.
Old 28-03-22, 16:27   #50
Ameliorator

Default OldGen+ Version 2.19 & Alternate Outfits Update

The latest version of OldGen+ is here which adds fixes I've found for the Japan level. There wasn't anything major that needed fixing in this level, just a few more higher quality textures from next gen to replace low quality old gen ones and some cleaning up and adjusting I did to the billboards and street signs throughout the level. I also made a change to the security camera screens texture towards the end of the level so that it now features the actual camera footage of Takamoto's building on the screens.

The Additional Outfits mod was renamed to Alternate Outfits and has been updated with a change to the Evening, Ripped outfits. Before the game was released there was an initial version of the outfit Lara wears in Japan that had her in black stockings with 2 black dragons detailing the sides. This dragon stockings texture still exists in the game's files but only in the next gen mode. I was able to transfer it to her old gen model with some adjustments and this is now the version of Evening, Ripped (+Evening, Red) that is offered in the outfits mod.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	48 - Copy.png
Views:	75
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	606   Click image for larger version

Name:	46 - Copy.png
Views:	70
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	607   Click image for larger version

Name:	45 - Copy.png
Views:	75
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	608   Click image for larger version

Name:	44 - Copy.png
Views:	72
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	609   Click image for larger version

Name:	43 - Copy.png
Views:	73
Size:	620.9 KB
ID:	610  

Name:	58 - Copy.png
Views:	74
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	611   Click image for larger version

Name:	57 - Copy.png
Views:	71
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	612   Click image for larger version

Name:	54 - Copy.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	613  

Last edited by Ameliorator; 04-08-23 at 15:52.