Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 20-01-20, 13:45   #101
_Seth

This is probably an accurate leak of the PS5 user interface, which looks to be a slightly cleaner version of the PS4 UI which is a messy cluster**** of apps and options left right and centre, so this is an improvement. I just hope we don't have to exit into a secondary laggy screen to access Netflix and YouTube.

I still miss the PS3 XMB, even if they added loads of crap towards the end (did they really need to have separate tabs for Photo, Video, Music and TV? It could have all been under just a Media).
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 17:35   #102
Zelda master

So it's basically the PS4 interface? Wouldn't be surprised if it's completely different by launch.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 18:29   #103
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post

This is probably an accurate leak of the PS5 user interface, which looks to be a slightly cleaner version of the PS4 UI which is a messy cluster**** of apps and options left right and centre, so this is an improvement. I just hope we don't have to exit into a secondary laggy screen to access Netflix and YouTube.

I still miss the PS3 XMB, even if they added loads of crap towards the end (did they really need to have separate tabs for Photo, Video, Music and TV? It could have all been under just a Media).
You could put things in folders to organise it better. So I wouldn't call it much of a cluster****.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 18:32   #104
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
You could put things in folders to organise it better. So I wouldn't call it much of a cluster****.
Mine is as minimalistic as possible, but I would still like to hide/pin applications. Such as I would pin the YT app to the front dashboard.
Old 14-02-20, 16:01   #105
DragonSlayer

I fired up my PS3 today for the first time in forever to play MGS4.

Using PSN on PS3 is so clunky and slow compared to using it on PS4 I've gotten used to getting into PSN without delay on PS4 to have to wait for what seems like forever on PS3 is strange.

I felt like I was back in the stone age I was like hurry the up.

It feels strange holding a PS3 controller again.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 16:22   #106
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post

Using PSN on PS3 is so clunky and slow compared to using it on PS4 I've gotten used to getting into PSN without delay on PS4 to have to wait for what seems like forever on PS3 is strange.

Yup the controller feels so small and fragile
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 19:46   #107
Athukraz

Wish they'd reveal PS5 already I'm so excited and ready for next gen
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 17:14   #108
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post

Yes!! I literally did the same thing last night to play Motorstorm!
I went to redownload all my DLC content for it and PSN took ages to load.
Then the loading times to back out of it all were slow too. I don’t remember it being like this. It makes me appreciate my PS4 so much more now.

On the other hand, when I went to download all my Motorstorm DLC.. I had to scroll past all my old PS3 downloads and my god the the nostalgia is real.
How the hell did 12 years go by so fast??!!
I don’t like this.. please stop time. I’m not ready. Let me off the bus.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-20, 13:55   #109
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Yes!! I literally did the same thing last night to play Motorstorm!
I went to redownload all my DLC content for it and PSN took ages to load.
Then the loading times to back out of it all were slow too. I don’t remember it being like this. It makes me appreciate my PS4 so much more now.

On the other hand, when I went to download all my Motorstorm DLC.. I had to scroll past all my old PS3 downloads and my god the the nostalgia is real.
How the hell did 12 years go by so fast??!!
I don’t like this.. please stop time. I’m not ready. Let me off the bus.
The great thing about playing MGS4 again is that I'd forgotten what it felt like to play a game that has everything on the disc without having something added by paid for or free DLC or something being added by an update.

If only every game released these days had all the content on the disc especially as some DLC isn't worth buying like The Sims 3, 10 euro for hairstyles no thanks, and Skyrim with its horse armour DLC.

Sometimes I think that paid for DLC in some cases should be scrapped as evidenced by the above examples and stuff like the hairstyles and horse armour should be added for free.

The downside is I forgot that MGS4 doesn't have autosave and I forgot to save the game luckily I don't have to repeat a large section of the game, I'm doing a non lethal playthrough and I accidentally killed one of the frog soldiers by physically beating them to death, that was when I found out that I had forgotten to save the game.

I quickly got used to holding a PS3 controller again though it did feel a little weird at first.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-20, 16:14   #110
_Seth

Exclamation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph8LyNIT9sg

Last edited by tlr online; 18-03-20 at 16:47. Reason: Link removed. Please do not use URL shorteners. Added link to video of live event.