Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 27-12-19, 14:19   #1
Alex Shepherd

Unhappy We need horses

The first news about Tomb Raider reboot started as a rumor news and it turned out to be true except for the horse thing. My younger brother showed me the rumor with Lara riding a horse in the picture then they removed it completely from the website. If any of you played Last Of Us you will really know the feelings of playing Tomb Raider where Lara can ride horses.
We need horses.
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 14:23   #2
Athukraz

I never really thought about horse riding in a TR game but it could be really interesting. What's certain is that we need vehicles/transportation methods back. Can't believe it's been 12 years since the last vehicle which was the Underworld bike
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 14:53   #3
Nigel Cassidy

There's a lot of things we need a whole lot more in Tomb Raider than a horse. It's not a priority as far as I'm concerned...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 14:59   #4
klona
Golden

I don't want horse riding.

If you can't run over people or endangered animals with the vehicle then I don't want it!
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 15:39   #5
PluitNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
There's a lot of things we need a whole lot more in Tomb Raider than a horse. It's not a priority as far as I'm concerned...
But it would't hurt to upgrade the game with vehicles. That's just another element. I like the jeep in uncharted 4 and would like to see something like that in the next tomb raider game. Maybe a boat.
PluitNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-19, 03:34   #6
jajay119

I disagree. Lara's main mode of traversing should always be her own skill set. What we don't need is boring empty spaces just to force you onto a horse like AC and Red Dead. So boring. Vehicles, and one used, sparingly for a specific purpose like the speedboat or quad are different.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-19, 09:44   #7
Chamayoo

I'm unsure, I think I disagree. I'm from a few who liked the concept of Ascension but even riding a horse felt like... a bit un-tomb raider like. I'm not against to try though, but I rather have some vehicles to ride. Very Lara Croft this one.
Motorcycle is cool, but I would like speedboat or jeep too. I agree with jajay about their specific purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
If you can't run over people or endangered animals with the vehicle then I don't want it!
Our guilty pleasures

Last edited by Chamayoo; 28-12-19 at 09:47.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-19, 11:26   #8
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Our guilty pleasures
Oh, but I don't feel guilty about it.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-19, 15:48   #9
Blackmoor

If you put horses into a game you change the gameplay and environments to accommodate them. Generally making the place bigger and emptier and keeping the story in one location of a specific kind.

These all go against what I actually would like for TR: ie, Smaller, denser, more interactive and meaningful environments where Lara uses her physical skills to explore and discover.

And I want her to go to locations and environments of all kinds and many of them in a single game. I don't want to be out in the fields galloping from one hub to another, because that's mainly the purpose of horses in games.

If they do it really sparingly, like the jeep in TR4, then maybe, but otherwise it's a no from me.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-19, 17:50   #10
cephasjames

Need? Nah. Want? Maybe.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote