Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 06-06-08, 18:02   #1241
da tomb raider!

It's sad that the game wasn't released. From the little amount of media I saw of it, it looked awesome, with new, worthy features such as dual-aiming and co-op gameplay that weren't in the original. What a shame we can't play it.

Quick question: It almost certainly won't happen either way, but it is possible for Anniversary Edition to be finished and released by Rebellion and Eidos? I mean, could Eidos hire Rebellion to finish the game, and then release it, with both companies taking a portion of the profits? It'd be a bit like Silent Hill 5, which is being published (and probably funded) by the owners of the series, Konami, and developed by The Collective, an independant company.
da tomb raider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 18:04   #1242
Rivendell

It wouldn't be impossible, but I don't think Eidos would want to. I guess as far as they're concerned, they've "already released their TR1 remake, there's no need for two" (or something like that).
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 19:05   #1243
dcw123

Its sad, but its happened loads before...
The original Resident Evil in 1996 was suppost to be 2 player, but that was scrapped!
Then there was RE 1.5 (RE2 Proto) that was actually much better than the final version and that was canned about 80% from completion. It had features that would be reused in RE4, such as grenades etc
Luckily for everyone, someone hacked the engine and is remaking it for RE2 anyway
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 19:17   #1244
Zebra

Atleast we'll possibly get some new artwork soon. As Kevin Crossley, Artist on the TRAE announced an upcoming update of his website. It's very likely that we'll also see some TRAE concept art.

Last edited by Zebra; 06-06-08 at 19:44.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 19:21   #1245
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Atleast we'll possibly get some new artwork soon. As Kevin Crossly, Artist on the TRAE announced an upcoming update of his website. It's very likely that we'll also see some TRAE concept art.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to that.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 19:32   #1246
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Atleast we'll possibly get some new artwork soon. As Kevin Crossly, Artist on the TRAE announced an upcoming update of his website. It's very likely that we'll also see some TRAE concept art.
It's like hanging sandwiches in front of starving kids.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 19:34   #1247
Rivendell

It would've been nice to add the artwork today to coincide with this mini-anniversary. Though I suppose to Core themselves, the 6/06 isn't that relevant. The actual date of cancellation was though, but I doubt we'll ever know exactly when that was.
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 19:44   #1248
Zebra

Yes. I wrote him an email last year. He said that we he would update his website soon. Much time passed and it didn't happen. Than I emailed him again. He said we could expect something in 2008. And than finally some weeks ago he atleast updated his website with the announcement that new artwork will come soon. I'm really looking forward to it!
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 21:11   #1249
Ward Dragon
Golden

I have so many mixed feelings on this. I'm always excited and happy at first thinking of how wonderful everything that I've seen looks, and then I feel sad and depressed knowing I'll never get to play it

Thanks for the information about the possible update, zebra
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 14:22   #1250
Risak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Does anybody think we'll ever get any more media from this game ? Like videos etc ?
Not officially no, but believe it or not, there are at least 4 in-game footage of the game..........within certain circles

Timing is essential or things collapse
Risak is offline   Reply With Quote