johnanonymouz

id never want lara to look like this
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 16:06   #202
MilkShakespear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
It's just shadow lara with a lot of make up
HAHAHA! Touche. I like new Lara. She's not just another duplicate "pretty woman with Anglo features." She's short, she's scrappy, she's got a wide face and brown eyes. Now that graphics have reached realistic levels of detail, Lara's able to take on her own identity.

Nothing against canonical Lara. 1990's riot grrl babe. Righteous.
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 16:15   #203
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkShakespear View Post
HAHAHA! Touche. I like new Lara. She's not just another duplicate "pretty woman with Anglo features."
That's... exactly what she is tbh.

Especially considering classic Lara was a lot less white/more exotic-looking like she could have possibly been mixed race (which is far less common with video game protagonists, male or female, most male video game protagonists have Reboot Lara's complexion and medium brown hair).
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 19:51   #204
MilkShakespear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post

Especially considering classic Lara was a lot less white/more exotic-looking like she could have possibly been mixed race (which is far less common with video game protagonists, male or female, most male video game protagonists have Reboot Lara's complexion and medium brown hair).
Shoot. You're right. I take back what I said. Lara WAS supposed to be a hispanic Laura Cruz, and was only changed later in their development to be British. And so many male protagonists ARE just white brunettes with a little bit of stubble!! Damnit. I take it all back. What if they remade a canonical Ms. Cruz?

So there's been talk about an older Lara apprenticing a younger adventurer... Stay with me here, what if Jonah and Abby have a kid, and 20 years after Shadow, their Polynesian/Hispanic daughter searches out a 46 year old Lara, looking for an apprenticeship?? Grizzled Lara needs the help of the next generation to solve her life-long quest to uncover... ATLANTIS!!??
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 15:35   #205
JuditePrince12

Quote:

Lara does need a tan but I think she looked a little half hispanic at times. If you look at Amelia, she damn near looks South American. She was sooo pretty
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 16:23   #206
tomblover

Quote:

I mean, "Anglo features" kind of just refers to the default beauty standard all over the world - which, depending on if you want to cause a ****storm, you can equate to specifically Western ideals. I guess I just did myself.

I do miss classic Lara's ambiguity as well though. Imagine if she'd had an unplaceable accent, too...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 21:37   #207
Horus-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Lara does need a tan but I think she looked a little half hispanic at times. If you look at Amelia, she damn near looks South American. She was sooo pretty
Yeah I thought so too. She reminds me a lot of my mother when she was younger! It's almost uncanny.

I wouldn't mind seeing a game character with a mixed background. Although Lara could have fit pretty easily into that if she'd kept something similar to her look from before, and just left it up to interpretation. I kind of miss when things didn't always need to be fully explained.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 03:35   #208
ActuallyArlow

Personally, I wouldn't mind the no make up version mod she did, mixed with the all black outfit mod here. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w91AS2IPI4[youtube] put both together, and it would remind me of in game Angelina model I always wanted.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 07:15   #209
Swiz19

Any modders out here know where to find Lara's hair textures? I want to lighten the hair and make it more of a golden colour rather than reddy.

Every time I've looked, I can only find the base hair, but not the fringe strands and ponytail. I've looked dozens of times haha.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 11:50   #210
LegendLuvr24

I never would intend to put down the work of others, as obviously a lot of work goes into these mods...but so far all these mods that attempt to make Lara look "canon" or change her face have done nothing for me. Some of them actually make her look worse. I'll admit that Lara's face in Shadow isn't perfect (when she talks to the kids she looks really weird) but, so far these aren't the answer.
LegendLuvr24 is offline   Reply With Quote