www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 29-11-19, 16:11   #231
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Having a strange issue.. I'm making a TR2 level so edited my flare to by white and have a strong value. All seemed fine.
Entered a dark area and lit a flare.

Suddenly the inventory screen went very dark (instead of transparent like normal) and all the items were completely black - no light on them.

And idea whats caused this - it happens even if I restart the level with no flares.
Strangely enough it worked fine before.. hmm
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-19, 16:28   #232
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

That's because the inventory reacts to the room lighting where Lara is
If you want it still, there's a script command called CUST_CINV_LIGHTING where you can set the lighting you want using a room
Old 29-11-19, 18:00   #233
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
That's because the inventory reacts to the room lighting where Lara is
If you want it still, there's a script command called CUST_CINV_LIGHTING where you can set the lighting you want using a room
OK, so I dunno how, but I managed to get the inventory to work pretty much the exact same as TR1-3 (resets to Compass on opening, instant use of items.. don't have to choose ammo or use, working background)

I still need to figure out how to replace the Compass with the Stopwatch.

The guns also don't animate when you select them.. they only spin around. I mean, it looks fine - but if I wanted an authentic classic TR feeling.. how can I 'add' animations to these when they are selected (like in TR1-3, where the guns separate and make noise etc)

Ah and lastly.. Is there a way to make specific lines in the Inventory say different things.. or alter them?
As in - at the moment everything is Upper and Lower case letters.
I'm trying to make it as classic as possible - so things like Options and Inventory I want to be all in capitals (like TR2) while keeping everything else normal. And is it possible to remove the line 'Unlimited Ammo' from the Pistols?
Sorry for the barrage of questions guys n gals - I'm trying to learn

EDIT : While I really DO appreciate all these amazing plugins and new Editors etc etc - a lack of proper manuals or tutorials on how to achieve certain things makes it difficult for newbies to research and do these on their own (as TRLE/NGLE has tons of tutorials)
I know these things take time and lots of effort to make - but I think it would help a lot of builders new and old.
Heck.. If I had the information - I'd be willing to help make some of these with builders who have the knowledge

EDIT2 : Downloaded the 'Classic Inventory Items' a few pages back and copied everything from the TR2 set into my level (passport etc)
Stopwatch appears but still says ''compass'', does not show any statistics.
Load and Save still show as TR4 style and nothing else is on the lower ring (controls, glasses etc are missing despite being in WAD)

I copied the entire cleaned up script as an #include txt file and its all there.. so why aren't things showing up as they do in that tutorial video?

Last edited by dcw123; 06-12-19 at 14:21.
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote