Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 18-07-19, 01:07   #101
TombRaiderTim

To be honest, Legend is an okay game but its more so known as the game that saved Tomb Raider than the best one in the series but for its time without any newer game to go on, yeah it was very enjoyable as a whole with nice graphical features compared to AOD and also introduced the fans to an alternate Lara Croft than the Classic Lara we grew up with, though if I had to choose between TRL, TRA and TRU, i'd go for Anniversary any day as I am a fan of TR1, so playing a remake of it was exciting for me at the time it came out for PS2 and it was the game to have the most content of the three in my opinion, exploration and location wise.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-19, 06:17   #102
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doggos View Post
Trying to decide between this or Underworld to get. Anniversary is not an option because I already have the first game.
Legend did better :
- Globetrotting
- Story
- Controls
- Secret system
- Combat

Underworld did better :
- Platforming
- Level design
- Exploration
- Motorbike
- Slightly more difficult
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-19, 08:41   #103
dg1995

I don't know why some of you consider Legend controls to be better than Underworld.
-Underworld had sprinting which Legend lacked.
-Also Swimming controls in Underworld is far better than Legend.
Because In Underworld you can change the swimming direction by mouse while in Legend you have to press a button to swim down, a button to swim up and keep pressing a button to swim faster.(Imo Legend has inferior swimming controls compare to PS1 TR games.)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-19, 10:50   #104
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I don't know why some of you consider Legend controls to be better than Underworld.
-Underworld had sprinting which Legend lacked.
-Also Swimming controls in Underworld is far better than Legend.
Because In Underworld you can change the swimming direction by mouse while in Legend you have to press a button to swim down, a button to swim up and keep pressing a button to swim faster.(Imo Legend has inferior swimming controls compare to PS1 TR games.)
You have good points. Also I think motorcycle controls are better.
But Underworld is more glitchy in general, there is also a clunky feeling. Could be more about animations than controls maybe.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-19, 18:01   #105
NoahCrofRaider

Underworld’s issue, controls-wise, was the clunkiness and disgusting in-game animations. The amount of things she can do is amazing, and it’s actually unmatched by any other game in the series.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 09:41   #106
dg1995

Guess I really don't know the definition of clunky controls.(Since I personally had no problem with underworld controls. Yeah Underworld has some bugs but I had no problems with the controls.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
To be honest, Legend is an okay game but its more so known as the game that saved Tomb Raider than the best one in the series but for its time without any newer game to go on, yeah it was very enjoyable as a whole with nice graphical features compared to AOD and also introduced the fans to an alternate Lara Croft than the Classic Lara we grew up with, though if I had to choose between TRL, TRA and TRU, i'd go for Anniversary any day as I am a fan of TR1, so playing a remake of it was exciting for me at the time it came out for PS2 and it was the game to have the most content of the three in my opinion, exploration and location wise.
As for Legend, I may not be it's biggest fan but I at least appreciate it for being a much better game than AOD. A game where Core Design should have removed some stuff from it(Stealth,Kurtis gameplay,Dialogue system) and focused on making the base gameplay better.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 19:41   #107
JCGaming
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Guess I really don't know the definition of clunky controls.(Since I personally had no problem with underworld controls. Yeah Underworld has some bugs but I had no problems with the controls.)

As for Legend, I may not be it's biggest fan but I at least appreciate it for being a much better game than AOD. A game where Core Design should have removed some stuff from it(Stealth,Kurtis gameplay,Dialogue system) and focused on making the base gameplay better.
I don't think its that much better than AOD though at the time I did rate Legend much higher than I do now I'd say roughly its about 10% better granted it feels a step up because the controls have been sorted and perhaps because of its lighter atmosphere and I enjoyed the banter between Zip and Allister not to mention the large list of unlock-able outfits but most of the levels were bland and too formula-tic compared to the classic TR's which only makes you appreciate them more. There are a few things AOD did better than Legend the story-line for instance even though there were bits missing and the music of AOD was epic whereas the music of legend was bland and formula-tic.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 15:13   #108
Cat Woman

Just downloaded TR Legend from the xBox Live Store (just found out it was available for xBox One from a separate post). Since I haven’t played the older games for quite some time, it is taking me a little while to get used to the controls again. lol
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 19:18   #109
Shirley_Manson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Underworld’s issue, controls-wise, was the clunkiness and disgusting in-game animations. The amount of things she can do is amazing, and it’s actually unmatched by any other game in the series.
My biggest gripe with Underworld is the epileptic camera that spazes, shakes and does complete 180 turns in the worst possible moments.
Makes the game almost unplayable for me.
But also geometry of the platforms is quite fussy sometimes too. All of a sudden Lara will just stop somewhere or slip and fall.
I do think TRU could use a nice 50 gig patch.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 10:24   #110
suli
Inactive

it was very cheesy but I feel like it was an important part of its charm. I love me some Legend it's not a great TR game but it's really fun it's like Barbie Explorer on steroids. it was 100% made for the gays.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote