Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 14-03-17, 08:44   #801
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
Hey!

I downloaded the latest installer (v1.7.7.1, October 22) and tinkered a bit with the dosbox files, but the game continues to switch between running smooth and slow-mo, like every few minutes it'll slow right down then returns to normal. Any ideas what I could change to fix the problem?

I'm running the game on windows 8.1, 64bit OS , Intel celeron CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz, 2GB ram.

Music and everything else working fine so far and I'm at Palace Midas.

Thx!
CPU might be a reason for some slowdowns

still I'd have to refer you to this http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217403 first, where a similar issue was addressed
gidierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 08:52   #802
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
There are 40 pages to read and the OP doesn't explain this question at all so I'm just going to ask:

I have Windows 10 and the GOG version of Tomb Raider 1 installed. What I really want is Unfinished Business. How do i go about doing that?

I downloaded the latest installer and started to install but it's asking where I want to install. How will this affect my already installed TR1? How can I just get UB?
40 pages that's right and on page #1 first post of mine will always get some general (and updated) info together

for TRUB it's very simple, gog or whatever NM, you just install and the shortcut will start UB right away since everything needed to play UB (new folder, all files, shortcuts) will have been set by then and is ready to go

as for install path, naturally both for all things TR1 and TRUB, destination folder is now customizable after other mates' request, you can go ahead with it as set and leave it at its default, it will create a new folder, shortcuts & stuff from scratch so by design it won't affect at all whatever previous installation should be present
or you can change drive and folder as long of course as it's different from your current one, which as I repeat will stay untouched precisely because that's how it's meant to be
likewise full uninstall capacity is close at hand and one click away eg via start menu
HTH

Last edited by gidierre; 14-03-17 at 08:57.
Old 14-03-17, 12:02   #803
quetzalcoatl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidierre View Post
CPU might be a reason for some slowdowns

still I'd have to refer you to this http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217403 first, where a similar issue was addressed
Thank u! Will check this out.
quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 12:48   #804
cephasjames

I was hoping for just UB, since I already have TR1. But, I guess with this its both or none at all. I now have TR1 installed twice, but at least I can play UB. Thanks!

Last edited by cephasjames; 14-03-17 at 14:22.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 18:50   #805
Kirishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I was hoping for just UB, since I already have TR1. But, I guess with this its both or none at all. I now have TR1 installed twice, but at least I can play UB. Thanks!
I would've refered you to tombraiderchronicles.com for UB, but i'm not sure how to get it to work with the GOG version since I only have the original disc.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 22:18   #806
cephasjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I would've refered you to tombraiderchronicles.com for UB, but i'm not sure how to get it to work with the GOG version since I only have the original disc.
I actually tried that first but the files that the instructions talk of didn't match with what was actually there. Not sure if GOG updated things but the UB instructions hadn't been updated to match.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 14:55   #807
daventry

Smile

Just a teeny tiny little issue, you know where i can choose to Install Just the Game or with the Gold Levels as well, it wont allow me to Just Install the Game, even though i choose Custom.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 15:31   #808
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
Just a teeny tiny little issue, you know where i can choose to Install Just the Game or with the Gold Levels as well, it wont allow me to Just Install the Game, even though i choose Custom.
if I get you right
you'd like to customize it as in install TR1 only w/out TRUB/Gold levels as opposed to both TR1 and TRUB
is that it?
Old 29-03-17, 15:32   #809
daventry

Smile

Yes thats what the others above my post is asking aswell, thanks
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-17, 06:55   #810
Avalon SARL

I need an update and as simple as possible explanation to what I should do to play this; I hate reading pages and I suck at understanding computer related stuff, so I appreciate the simplest explanation...

I downloaded the game thru the link found on the first page;

however, I was reading the guide and it says I must have the original CD; which I don't; I lost it long ago...

So what should I do? can I download it online? If so, where?
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote