Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 11-11-19, 18:28   #1
Cat Woman

Default Croft Manor

Completed the game and just going to play Croft Manor. I believe there are checkpoints within the game, but you cannot save manually. Once you quit you start at the entrance again. If I remember you should save your rewards found here (believe you hit escape/pause; then, save rewards) to a saved game to ensure you have them in your inventory? Unless you complete the Croft Manor all on one play through.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 11-11-19 at 18:32.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 18:37   #2
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
Completed the game and just going to play Croft Manor. I believe there are checkpoints within the game, but you cannot save manually. Once you quit you start at the entrance again. If I remember you should save your rewards found here (believe you hit escape/pause; then, save rewards) to a saved game to ensure you have them in your inventory? Unless you complete the Croft Manor all on one play through.
You have two option to save your manor progress:

you save in the main menu, or in the pause menu. Normally it will save your gear, the latest outfit you used and the relics.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 18:42   #3
Cat Woman

Can you save at each of the check points during the Croft Manor using the main menu and/or the pause option? But, you cannot force a manual save then?

Completed the Croft Manor - saved the rewards just in case in a saved file.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 12-11-19 at 05:07.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 06:37   #4
Boobandie

Writing for future reference, but I'd advise you to complete the manor levels in Legend and Anniversary in one sitting. It's rare, but there are a couple of game-breaking glitches that can occur when reloading it halfway through.

Things like the statues in the TRL poolhouse locking into place, the wrench in TRA despawning, and the gold reward from Legend not properly triggering. Stella's walkthroughs go into further detail on these.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-19, 05:52   #5
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

As said, the manor levels in Legend and Anniversary are very short, and best just to play it in the one sitting. The games are then saved to the next level once you move on, into them.

I did not know there was bug issues in the manor levels, but I always played them right through in the one go, so would not have spotted them.

Once you have finished the games normally, if you have the PC version, its is worth playing the manor levels with TRL fly and TRA fly, just to find all the interesting places outwith the normal play routes.

PS...Also use fly cheats for all the other levels, as there is a lot of hidden stuff worth exploring in these games
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote