Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 23-10-19, 06:00   #1
XXIIXX
Inactive

Default The General K-pop Thread

The last one seems to have died in 2013 so I thought I might give this a try?

So yeah, this is a new thread about K-pop!

I first came across the genre all the way back in 2010 with "Gee" and BoA's American stuff.

But 2012 is when I really got hooked when I started properly stanning Girls' Generation, 2NE1, f(x), 4Minute and Brown Eyed Girls. A year later I also started stanning miss A. In 2014 it was time to discover the great T-ara and After School and by 2016 I was also stanning SISTAR, Wonder Girls and KARA!

Really excited for Taeyeon, Brown Eyed Girls and Yubin's upcoming comebacks! All in one week too!

I'd also like to leave a suggestions list with my favourite track for each of my faves!

Girls' Generation - TRICK from The Boys (2011)
2NE1 - 너 아님 안돼 from CRUSH (2014)
f(x) - Chu~♡ (2009)
miss A - Lips from Touch
4Minute - HUH from Hit Your Heart (2010)
SISTAR - So Cool (2011)
T-ara - 넘버나인 from AGAIN (2013)
Wonder Girls - G.N.O. from Wonder World (2011)
KARA - Pandora (2012)
After School - Dress to kill (2014)
Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense (2011)
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 13:01   #2
Dennis's Mom

I stan BTS, but that's pretty much it.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 17:53   #3
MissJodieG

I love Blackpink.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-19, 20:11   #4
Lenochka
Golden

I adore Blackpink. I managed to go see them in Chicago back in April, and they were phenomenal. I really enjoy Red Velvet as well.

I do have to admit though, I am not as big into Kpop as I use to be. I was in full swing stan mode back in gen 2 though. Back in the days when Girls' Generation and 2NE1 pretty much ran the girl group game haha. I loved them both so much, but my top group will forever be f(x). Pink Tape and Red Light remain two of my favorite albums of all time. SM are such trash for how they treated them.

Now for male groups, I never really got into them much. SHINee and Big Bang have some good music, and EXO too (especially their second album Exodus). BTS I haven't been able to get into yet. Their music isn't really my cup of tea I guess, though I do try with each comeback. I'm jealous of their fans! They get so much awesome content considering they are the biggest boy band in the world at this point haha.

Last edited by Lenochka; 27-10-19 at 20:19.
Lenochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-19, 11:17   #5
XXIIXX
Inactive

I've tried to get into third generation girl groups a couple of times but they're not doing it for me like second gen goddesses did. I do like a couple of songs here and there though like Egotistic, Russian Roulette, Dance the Night Away, As If It's Your Last or Fingertip but it doesn't happen that often. I don't think I really care for boy groups of any generation either.

Just wanted to drop by and shamelessly promote Brown Eyed Girls, the girl group that's currently active for the longest time ever! They're back after four years with their 7th studio album, "RE_vive"

Two lead tracks were released an hour ago, "Wonder Woman"

and "Abandoned"

The album contains eight other songs. All ten songs are remakes of hits from the past, including Uhm Jung JeA's "Invitation", my personal favourite, which also features Uhm Jung Hwa herself!

Queen Taeyeon of Girls' Generation is also back with her second studio album, "Purpose". The MV for the lead track, "Spark" came out just a few moments ago.

The album contains 11 other songs, including "Blue" and "Four Seasons" that came out as a single earlier this year.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote