www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 08-11-19, 17:37   #7141
ANoDE
Gold Contributor

Yeah, I really found it heartwarming to see all these tweets / instagram posts. I like how they are still entangled with the franchise, even if it's currently on ice.

I'm in split minds regarding a remaster. On one side, it'd be really cool to see the games redone in current (or even next) gen. Just imagine the beauty they could get out of all the locations and characters. Would surely be amazing. On the other hand, I somehow fear they could f*** it up, you know? The games are perfect as they are - any messing with them could potentially destroy parts of the magic...
Old 08-11-19, 20:03   #7142
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Yeah, I really found it heartwarming to see all these tweets / instagram posts. I like how they are still entangled with the franchise, even if it's currently on ice.

I'm in split minds regarding a remaster. On one side, it'd be really cool to see the games redone in current (or even next) gen. Just imagine the beauty they could get out of all the locations and characters. Would surely be amazing. On the other hand, I somehow fear they could f*** it up, you know? The games are perfect as they are - any messing with them could potentially destroy parts of the magic...
It wouldn't really have any true consequence since the originals would still exist. Maybe they would finally show Tali's face.
Old 09-11-19, 16:00   #7143
MrBear
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
We've certainly seen a number of cheap remakes that didn't do the source material justice. I also wonder how they'd reconcile the huge gameplay changes (if they'd reconcile it at all). And yeah, some of the charm could easily get lost.

On the other hand, a remaster would be convenient just to have the games (especially ME1) run better on newer systems. Additionally, and this is very subjective, but I almost want a remaster simply to see if I could relive the magic with fresh eyes; I've played the trilogy so many times that my last few attempts at a playthrough turned boring really quickly, so if a remaster included more than just a texture update, it might be enough to recapture the things I loved about it. But that might just be a selfish and naive wish

There's also the option of a series reboot. Either retell the Reaper story with enough changes to make it feel new (and not least have it conclude differently, so we don't have to leave the galaxy to continue the series), or tell a completely new story. But I'm not sure that would sit well with a large portion of the fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
It wouldn't really have any true consequence since the originals would still exist. Maybe they would finally show Tali's face.
But they already revealed her face...

*runs and hides*
Old 09-11-19, 17:50   #7144
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
But they already revealed her face...

*runs and hides*
You mean that stock photo? Yeah nah.