Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 31-10-19, 20:45   #38871
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Started watching The Last Ship on Netflix.

It's ok if you don't have too high expectations. It's a bit sentimental in places but after the first few episodes I'm hooked enough to watch the season out.

Rhona Mitra is in it (ex Lara Croft model) and she's pretty good in her role - it's the first time I recall watching her in anything.
I watched this series because of Rhona and ended up enjoying it quite a lot.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-19, 22:09   #38872
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I watched this series because of Rhona and ended up enjoying it quite a lot.
Yeah I'm actually finding her quite a good actress which surprised me because I'd only ever thought of her as a model. I will definitely check out other things she's been in now.

And the show itself I am enjoying too. I hope it's leading somewhere good.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-19, 23:31   #38873
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Yeah I'm actually finding her quite a good actress which surprised me because I'd only ever thought of her as a model. I will definitely check out other things she's been in now.

And the show itself I am enjoying too. I hope it's leading somewhere good.
Yeah, she's quite good in this show. But I would say my favourite role of hers was on Strike Back. She was great. Total badass!
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 17:41   #38874
Nemo_91

Doctor Sleep
I had faith in Mike Flanagan and he didn't disappoint. I loved the book and this was an excellent adaptation. 9/10
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 07:22   #38875
TR luver7

Any Shameless (US) fans here?
I just finished Season 9, absolutely loved it although the last couple of seasons dragged
TR luver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 02:21   #38876
trfan16

Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark - 6/10

I had high expectations for this movie ever since I saw the trailer for it back in February during the Super Bowl. I read all of the books back in grade school and always wanted to see a cinema adaptation of them. The final product was pretty average. My biggest complaint was that the movie only covered 5 stories from the books. And the stories the movie covered were pretty brief and weren't entirely faithful to the original stories. The monster designs weren't bad, but I'm not a fan of CGI. The acting was pretty mediocre too. It still kept me entertained throughout the whole movie though and they did choose the better stories from the original books to feature in the movie. I think a TV adaptation would be better for these books though, with an episode dedicated to each story.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 18:00   #38877
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark - 6/10

I had high expectations for this movie ever since I saw the trailer for it back in February during the Super Bowl. I read all of the books back in grade school and always wanted to see a cinema adaptation of them. The final product was pretty average. My biggest complaint was that the movie only covered 5 stories from the books. And the stories the movie covered were pretty brief and weren't entirely faithful to the original stories. The monster designs weren't bad, but I'm not a fan of CGI. The acting was pretty mediocre too. It still kept me entertained throughout the whole movie though and they did choose the better stories from the original books to feature in the movie. I think a TV adaptation would be better for these books though, with an episode dedicated to each story.
I was REALLY excited for this movie and it ended up just being...meh? It was clearly trying to be a mini version of IT and they clearly planned to carry it on, but I highly doubt they will. What really put me off was the utterly dire writing. The more you thought about certain plot elements the more they didn't make any sense.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 10:47   #38878
Teone

Money Heist (La Casa de Papel) Season 1 - part 1 & 2
A masterpiece! I loved every minute.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 18:39   #38879
robm_2007

It's Always Sunny, S14E01-03

That Thunder Gun episode is in contention for the worst episode in the whole series. Just so stupid and boring. Dee Day was okay, but so much was predictable. First ep had several funny moments, but was still just above average.
---
Bianca Del Rio's It's Jester Joke

Live performance. Was very funny. But I've come to a startling realization, and I say this as someone who thought Trixie was rather mediocre on S7 and was good-ish on AS3, and considers BDR by far my favorite queen...Trixie is lightyears funnier on UNHnhhhh than everything I've seen of Bianca combined.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 19:05   #38880
AmericanAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
It's Always Sunny, S14E01-03

That Thunder Gun episode is in contention for the worst episode in the whole series. Just so stupid and boring. Dee Day was okay, but so much was predictable. First ep had several funny moments, but was still just above average.
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. This has my least favorite season thus far, which is a bummer because it hasn't been renewed for another season yet (to my knowledge) and I really don't want the show to go out with a fizzle. I've loved every other season without exception. Meh.

As for me, I gave in and decided to do the one week free trial of Disney+ and I'm starting off with one of my all time favorites...

EDIT: Onto the next. I've never watched the 2019 film before now. I'm going into it with an open mind. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Last edited by AmericanAssassin; 15-11-19 at 00:02.
AmericanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote