Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 09-10-18, 16:49   #11
TrustyBow

Still haven't seen Season 8. God Season 7 of this show was just terrible. Which is a shame because they had such a good run with Season 3 - 6.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 17:52   #12
Baratheon

It's no secret I hated 7 and 8 (literally watched TWO episodes of 8 and stopped). Thought I'd watch 9 just because... and it was good. I am shook.
I've been hating on the series for two years straight (don't get me started on what happened to Fear) but this was... good!

Maggie. Wow.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 18:32   #13
charmedangelin

Haven't had the chance to watch S9 yet, will probably today. I heard that Scott Gimple control of TWD was diminished due to the response to S7 & S8. I did see the opening credits and I'm not sure what think about that. I just hope Scott Gimple's hands in the show was diminished in some capacity otherwise S9 will be just as bad.

TWD fans really should start a campaign to remove Scott Gimple because he has driven both franchises, Fear TWD and TWD into the ground.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 20:58   #14
Dennis's Mom

Finally watched the premiere. Meh. It was nice seeing Gregory go, but frankly, it didn't add anything. Weasley guy is still a weasel. So much storytelling progress. Kudos to my husband for recognizing Brett Butler though. I never would have.

They refused to show Maggie pregnant at all during last season and I was beginning to think she'd lost the baby or they'd forgotten about it. Now *bam* she's got a baby. *shrugs* I miss Glenn.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 19:07   #15
dcw123

Mehh.. more of the same crap TBQFH

Nothing happening, the odd zombie padded with lots of talking and walking about... boring!

I ended up fast forwarding at x6 speed until I saw something interesting which wasn't often.
And WTF have they done to the intro?!
Its fugly as hell..

And why are all the characters redesigned and acting totally different (Carol and that King dude.. was that even a thing before?)

And I finally got excited to see a major city being featured and it looked promising.. and it lasted all of 10 minutes. Waste of potential.. like WTH
Almost like they had no budget and used one building and only a few rooms haha

Last edited by dcw123; 10-10-18 at 19:10.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 19:24   #16
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Mehh.. more of the same crap TBQFH

Nothing happening, the odd zombie padded with lots of talking and walking about... boring!

I ended up fast forwarding at x6 speed until I saw something interesting which wasn't often.
And WTF have they done to the intro?!
Its fugly as hell..

And why are all the characters redesigned and acting totally different (Carol and that King dude.. was that even a thing before?)

And I finally got excited to see a major city being featured and it looked promising.. and it lasted all of 10 minutes. Waste of potential.. like WTH
Almost like they had no budget and used one building and only a few rooms haha
Just saw it and I agree. Not to mention stupid decisions being made. Like the cart for example. Why would they push a heavy cart of supplies through a mud patch? Like who does that? Most people would push around it. Also it was stupid because they could have easily cleared the small group of walkers with the amount of people in their group. Yet they just kill a few and then try to run. Then you have the idiot who just jumps to save the horse, but then is easily bitten. To be honest you would think after all these years the walkers would be weaker or decayed to the point where they wouldn't be such a problem to deal with.

And the glass floor, why in the hell did they push that cart up stairs? Find a curtain and bag all the stuff and bring it down the steps. Seriously it's was so stupid. No way would any smart person risk a heavy ass iron cart being pushed on a glass floor.

Also I don't get why Rick is going out of his way to help the savior's. I agree with Maggie, mercy was enough for them. They can fend for themselves. It especially makes no sense since Rick lost his son because of them. I get the whole peace crap, nonsense and stuff, but no one is at kind of a saint where they wouldn't feel any resentment twords someone who killed someone so preecious to them.

The only character I like on this show is Michonne and Maggie. Michonne should be given a spin off show that similar to Xena, but set in the walking dead. She already has a cool badass weapon and she is very bright. All she needs is a kick ass side kick to make it happen. I would definitely watch that.

I like Maggie because she is the only one being realistic and I loved how she isn't taking anyone's BS anymore.

Carol and the King felt so random. I don't need a soapy romantic drama after the last few seasons have been nothing but drama.

All in all there is promise for Season 9, but they need to cut the stupid decisions making and make things more believable and realistic.

I think it would be great if they focused on building up a civilization and focused on the different philosophies of how not to build a civilization.
Old 11-10-18, 13:22   #17
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Just saw it and I agree. Not to mention stupid decisions being made. Like the cart for example. Why would they push a heavy cart of supplies through a mud patch? Like who does that?
These people apparently. I'm watching it with a friend of mine, and I promised to be good and not give him "looks" when something stupid happens. We both think it's kind of bad, but I deemed it 'unwatchable' after season 8. And then the show opens with that cart thing. Omg, I wanna shake and slap some sense into everyone. Wtf was that? And then everything else in the episode.... It's just mind-numbingly badly written. I wonder what the actors are thinking.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 23:45   #18
dcw123

Kinda reminds me of SOTTR writing LOLZ
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 14:10   #19
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
These people apparently. I'm watching it with a friend of mine, and I promised to be good and not give him "looks" when something stupid happens. We both think it's kind of bad, but I deemed it 'unwatchable' after season 8. And then the show opens with that cart thing. Omg, I wanna shake and slap some sense into everyone. Wtf was that? And then everything else in the episode.... It's just mind-numbingly badly written. I wonder what the actors are thinking.
I beleive the bad writing is why some of the sctors are jumping ship. They made many bad decisions in this episode that doesn't make sense for them since they are supposed to be hardned survivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Kinda reminds me of SOTTR writing LOLZ
Lol, it does really. I once again found an article pointing out the problems with the Season 9 premier.

I have to agree especially with the glass floor part. I get it's a show and it's fiction, but too much of what happened was unbelievable. The glass floor never would have shattered like that in real life. Glass floors like that are made with special type of reinforced glass that is chemically altered to withstand a ton of weight and pressure. I remember that in China they even built a glass bridge over a mountain range or somewhere close to China. I know it's just a small detail, but that glass breaking really bothered me. It was so predictable. And as this article pointed out there was no reason for them to push that heavy cRart up the stairs. I like their suggestion of the glass floor already being cracked when they get there. Then it would seem that something significant prior had to compromise it.

I agree with them about the mud patch scene. Made no sense that seasoned survivers would just flee at the sight of a few walkers. Especially when in Alexandria they cleared an entire army of them.

Anyway here's the article: https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampprojec...-9-premiere%2F
Old 30-10-18, 20:35   #20
Costel

Is this the way he is going to die?
The way they got out of that pit was so stupid. Daryl should have killed the walkers one by one as they came and then make some stairs using the corpses not that unnecessary tension of him trying to hold on.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote