Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 25-11-18, 18:37   #21
Jami393

Is Elton John involved with this remake? I know Tim Rice is and those two were also a key part in making The Lion King great.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 22:13   #22
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Is Elton John involved with this remake? I know Tim Rice is and those two were also a key part in making The Lion King great.
Yes. I'd link you but the source I read was an NY Times article that sadly is no longer available to view in Europe.

He's reworking his original songs and writing some new ones. Apparently "Be Prepared" will not be in the film though.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 06:40   #23
Jami393

Be Prepared is my favourite song from the original. Shame it's not coming back. Good to see Elton John back at least.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 23:42   #24
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I'd rather it be a shot-for-shot remake, than a reboot that has to inject shoehorned political themes into it like most things do these days.
I agree, I don't like when they take something they already made and changes it. If this was a shot for shot movie I'd love it. Still excited to see this one though. Although I didn't like The Jungle Book remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
Did you like... Not watch the original? Or did you watch it and somehow miss the actual Nazi hyenas?
Scar is inspired by Hitler, so they'd had to cut him out too.

Last edited by Legends; 27-11-18 at 23:44.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 23:48   #25
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
But... Why? It seems pretty much like a CG version of the animated original...
This is where I am. I watched the live action Beauty and the Beast movie and I was like, "we needed this why?"

IMO it's just movies for people who think animation is a subpar way to tell a story.
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 23:52   #26
Ahmier
Unverified

Looks good! Hope you guys enjoy it because unpopular opinion I could never get into The Lion King for some reason.

Can’t wait for Alladin and Mulan to come.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 09:31   #27
Avalon SARL

There is never going to be a solid ground to please evryone regarding these remakes/ reimagining of these movies.

Many people go: it is an exact copy/paste of the original and they hate it for that.

Other people say: why did they change this and that; they should have followed the original story.

Disney can never please anyone and they are not even caring. They know that people's opinions are divided; but these remakes are a way to show the grandeur of CGI, new cinema effects and stuff and I find it pretty to watch in cinema.

I always found the animated Lion King to be very childish with lots of plot holes; maybe here they can fix some stuff as these remakes are made to be darker and more thrilling.

No matter what comes out of this, people will only complain.

Last edited by Avalon SARL; 28-11-18 at 09:32.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 10:41   #28
dcw123

I hate how they call it Live Action when its clearly CGI.
Why this obsession with making more adult, darker 'realistic' versions of Disney classics.

I mean, part of me likes them - Beauty and the Beast was pretty awesome - but nothing beats the old drawn, animated style IMO

Oh great - and now I have "Just can't wait to be King" stuck in my head
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 12:41   #29
Tombraider95

Just to clarify, I'm not fussed about this remake because I was never fussed about the original. Not because it's a 1:1 remake. That's why I'm frustrated with Mulan not having songs and some characters removed. What's the point?
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 15:22   #30
Avalon SARL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Just to clarify, I'm not fussed about this remake because I was never fussed about the original. Not because it's a 1:1 remake. That's why I'm frustrated with Mulan not having songs and some characters removed. What's the point?
The Animated Mulan version is not consistent and almost has nothing to do with the real Mulan story that is known in China.

The upcoming Mulan movie will be based on the ancient true story that is known in China; that is why it will be very different from the animated movie.

I don't get why everyone has this complaint; it is not like Disney is removing the animated movies from stores and banning anyone to watch them again

These movies are more like new experiments and showing how much of a progress cinema movies have. They are big and they bring profit to the company; movies at the end of the day are just for fun to sit down and enjoy your time.

If you think these remakes make you feel bad, just stay away from them and don't watch them.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote