Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 21-02-19, 11:55   #1
James_Rutland

Default Terminator: Dark Fate (James Cameron T2 Sequel)

So the official title has just been released to be Dark Fate. We know already it's a true sequel to T2 and stars Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor again.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...story-for-good
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 12:15   #2
DragonSlayer

While I'm looking forward to seeing this I must be one of the few that liked Terminator Genisys, it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be although it was very stupid of them to give away an important part of the plot on the posters and in the pre-release videos.

A description of Terminator Genisys I recently read described the second half of the movie as a Hot Shots style parody, I don't see the connection between Terminator Genisys and Hot Shots, I sometimes wonder if whoever comes up with descriptions like that was watching the same movie that I watched.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 16:51   #3
KManX89

I hear Ahnold is gonna go back to playing the baddie in this one. And it might be going back to its R roots, woo-hoo!
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 17:37   #4
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
I hear Ahnold is gonna go back to playing the baddie in this one. And it might be going back to its R roots, woo-hoo!
I didn't know about either of those points! That's very good news.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 17:50   #5
Zelda master

I'm excited!
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 19:06   #6
Tyrannosaurus

Wow, it's going to be the start of a new trilogy! This is exactly what the Terminator franchise needs! We've never been promised this before!

Last edited by Tyrannosaurus; 24-02-19 at 19:14.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 23:27   #7
jajay119

Salvation and Genisys were meant to be the first installment in their own trilogies.

Honestly I'm not hopeful. I enjoyed Genisys but i think it's become cool to hate on the series.. Cameron isn't involved enough and I don't think bringing Hamilton back to simply pass the gauntlet is going to be enough.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-19, 02:56   #8
Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Salvation and Genisys were meant to be the first installment in their own trilogies.
So was Terminator 3, don't forget! Don't worry, I'm sure they'll do it right this time! The world doesn't have enough of these movies!
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-19, 07:35   #9
Cochrane
Golden

I certainly understand the sarcasm here. But we know that it is possible to make a good sequel to Terminator 2 from the TV show. So statistically speaking, eventually one of these reboots is bound to be good.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-19, 22:16   #10
jajay119

I honestly thought Genisys was good. I think they updated the whole formula really well; I liked how they even changed how skynet came to end the world from it abusing a nuclear defense system, which was deliberately designed to play on the fears of nuclear war in the 80s, to it taking over via an OS which everyone turned a blind eye to and willingly let into their lives. It was very current to modern society values, plays on realistic fears and actually presents an even easier way Skynet could take control. I even thought the OS name being spelled weird as Genisys was very apt as that actually happens. Honestly, I rolled my eyes so many times when people critisised the spelling. It's like, you clearly haven't even bothered to look into why it's being spelled Genisys and think it's a miss spelling of Genesis. I get being reluctant to mess with established events but it doesn't take away the original and I actually think Emilia Clarke played a really good young Sarah Connor. I really think the tend to hate unfairly put a nail in that coffin. It's quite ironic as actually they could have made the two sequels by now and still be Dark Fate just as they are.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote